2020 Miles?

Some Old Guy

5 minutes ago, az_cyclist said:

Currently 10,305.  I will add some more before Dec 31.

By far my best year ever, for total mileage, although I had 9700 last year.  Retirement appears to be working out, at least for cycling.

nice job :). This is the 4th year I've hit 6k and thought for years that 7k would be nice. So this is the year for me :D

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

17 hours ago, Taylor said:

2020 Miles?

Still waiting until the year is done. This persistent icy on my normal routes is making things difficult.  2020 being a crappy year, I have no desire to end it with a broken collarbone :( or worse. Stupid winter :angry: Looks like it is starting out nasty but at least some opportunity for some melt as we inch back into the 40s this week.

• Heart 1

I dont set mileage goals for the year.  When I was working my goal was to ride when I could, which usually meant Saturday and Sunday for most weekends October thru April, and short rides Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in addition to the weekends May thru Sept.  Since retirement I ride 5 days a week, 3 40-50+ rides and a couple of shorter ones. That gets me about 200 miles a week.  The goals I set are for the California Triple Crown double centuries.  I want to ride 3 to 5 of those, and include some that I have not ridden before.  I ride several 200k brevets in Jan and Feb to train for the doubles. 

• Awesome 1

2020 miles? There are still a few days left. You might be able to get to 2500 if you try. :speedy:

I was 1975 back on Sept 10th and trying to push it over 2000 for a short term goal when had the accident. Everything stopped with no miles after Sept 10th. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

2020 miles? There are still a few days left. You might be able to get to 2500 if you try. :biker:

I was 1975 back on Sept 10th and trying to push it over 2000 for a short term goal when had the accident. Everything stopped with no miles after Sept 10th. 

FIFY :)

Can you get those 25 miles yet?

30 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If we had another 7K or so, we could go around the earth twice.

I'll give you another 5k of rides.  Plus probably another 300+ hikes/walks with my wife, a similar 300+ from walking the pup, and 100 back when I could commute.

But for tracked riding, all outdoors, I got:

image.png.8140f7a0b332a9654171aa2ddca0afd6.png

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

With a new bike, you are gonna destroy this year's mileage!  Did you pull the trigger on anything yet?

Nope.  Was hoping to test ride again this weekend, but the weather is not looking like it will cooperate.

Was going to take someone from the shop on a ride with me to adjust as we go along.