Tomorrow’s my day

Prophet Zacharia

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

My daughter has an appointment for next week but due to her pregnancy she’s going to pass.  I haven’t heard about issues with the C19 vaccine & pregnancy though?

I think I heard the other day that it is not recommended if you are pregnant on plan to get pregnant.  Probably because the vaccine isn’t approved and the EUA.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Work-related risk factors. 

I'm kinda old.  I thought that might help push me closer to the front of the line, but other than health care workers and such, no one here in my area seems to be getting it.  The local news has made it sound like large scale public (regular civilians) vaccinations are still months away.   

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm kinda old.  I thought that might help push me closer to the front of the line, but other than health care workers and such, no one here in my area seems to be getting it.  The local news has made it sound like large scale public (regular civilians) vaccinations are still months away.   

CDC today recommended people 75 years and older and medical professionals should now be offered the vaccine. With the second manufacturer now shipping vaccines, I think those two groups will start having vaccination opportunities over the next few weeks.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Taylor said:

Oldies have just been voted into the next group.  That could start by the first of the year depending on your area.

My wife got hers yesterday.  I am slightly pissed that I work a shift with nothing but covid positive patients once a week or so and I have not been offered the vaccine yet, but all kinds of people that I know are getting it and what they do barely qualifies as working in the medical field.  

• Heart 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

My wife got hers yesterday.  I am slightly pissed that I work a shift with nothing but covid positive patients once a week or so and I have not been offered the vaccine yet, but all kinds of people that I know are getting it and what they do barely qualifies as working in the medical field.  

Is your center associated with a hospital?

Just now, Airehead said:

Is your center associated with a hospital?

No.  But my wife is not associated with a hospital either.  I feel like people that work registration at a hospital probably need it too.  But seeing the images of various hospital administrators that are getting vaccinated kinda irks me.  If you go straight from the parking lot and enter your office and don't come anywhere close to seeing a patient, I don't think you are much higher on the list than anyone that works in an office.  

• Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

But seeing the images of various hospital administrators that are getting vaccinated kinda irks me. 

I had the same reaction to various national elected officials getting theirs last week.

I also think the health care distribution, at least in my area, heavily favors inpatient providers. 

• Heart 1

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

I had the same reaction to various national elected officials getting theirs last week.

I also think the health care distribution, at least in my area, heavily favors inpatient providers. 

As it probably should.  There are not many outpatient providers that see a huge percentage of covid pos patients, but dialysis is one of them.  I hope we get remembered.  

11 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

There are not many outpatient providers that see a huge percentage of covid pos patients

My contacts have been with asymptomatic folks who have denied high risk categories on screening questions but then test positive, anyway. These people are out in the community and won’t be found until testing capacity is substantially better.  Outpt health care providers are in contact with these people, they just don’t know when.

19 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

As it probably should.  There are not many outpatient providers that see a huge percentage of covid pos patients, but dialysis is one of them.  I hope we get remembered.  

You may need to get yourself remembered.  Call the County Health department-- and email the county health director-- get others in your role to do so too if you can.  People are on reaction not proaction these days.