email challenged boss is on vacation!

12string

since last Tuesday!!!!!

So, Saturday morning at 7AM, I get an email.............

No, not kidding.  Asking if I had completed a specific task.  The answer to which he would have known by looking in the database.  Where he signed off on my completion of sad task 2 weeks ago.  Or by reading any of dozens of emails detailing the completion and implementation.

And I thought I was going to miss him.

• Confused 1

I was 6000 miles too close to one of my bosses. Monthly we would compile a large report but he would constantly ask for bits of info which was in the report. I told him it's all in the report but he said that he didn't have time to go through all of it. I told him in that case, I'll quit doing the damned report and answer his questions as he asked them. He didn't see the humor in that and gave me a somewhat poor performance report. Probably cost me a promotion. 

2 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I was 6000 miles too close to one of my bosses. Monthly we would compile a large report but he would constantly ask for bits of info which was in the report. I told him it's all in the report but he said that he didn't have time to go through all of it. I told him in that case, I'll quit doing the damned report and answer his questions as he asked them. He didn't see the humor in that and gave me a somewhat poor performance report. Probably cost me a promotion. 

What a dick!  My boss regularly prints out complicated spread sheets and then asks where this number or that number came from.....

On 12/21/2020 at 5:01 PM, 12string said:
  • I could just flood his email with spam.  In a matter of hours, he'll run out of ink in his printer, and with no IT people at his house, he won't be able to read my emails.

Our old Outlook used to be limited to a total of 20MB.  Then we got upgraded to 100 MB, now our email is on Microsoft servers, we have a total of 1TB of storage.

17 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Our old Outlook used to be limited to a total of 20MB.  Then we got upgraded to 100 MB, now our email is on Microsoft servers, we have a total of 1TB of storage.

Quite a dramatic change, eh!?  We had eggzactly the same changes, and I am still shocked. I thought the 1 tb was a mistake at first!

5 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Quite a dramatic change, eh!?  We had eggzactly the same changes, and I am still shocked. I thought the 1 tb was a mistake at first!

I used to have my own Microsoft account so I could have Office on my home PCs, I canceled that and installed the work versions.  I also get Visio and Project.  I'm going to cancel Project as I never use it.