Alright you Millenial Savages....

Nate
Go to solution Solved by jsharr,

so I've been listening to Ray Barretto's version of Deeper Shade of Soul and I'm definitely going to play this one. I like Barretto's lyrics, in that they're pretty simple. There's also a trumpet line that I'll cop and play on the guitar, but the chords are Eb, Ab, Bb, Eb and never change, so its a simple structure to work with.

so thanks JSharr for reminding me of this old classic. Even though I wasn't looking for songs, this one is going on the pile

Hey, Nate, why don't you find some awful crapfest and make it all cool?  Some drivel with decent bones has to be appealing, can't you do something or other?

I do that a lot, actually. I'm planning on playing a couple old Beatles tunes Hendrix style.

I may play some TV themes and Johnny Cash tunes

we're going to do a lot of strait up instrumental jams, too

It's why I want a 1 or 5 watt all tube amp. 

yep.  My brother's 40W Fender has an amazing overdrive tone, but in order to get it you have to wake up the next county over. 

I know the price is all about demand, but I find it hard to consider dropping $400 on a 5W amp when I could drop $400 on a 30W amp.  I was close to pulling the trigger on a switchable Egnater - I don't remember the details though.