Merry Christmas

Airehead

Merry Christmas!

We're having a small family gathering Saturday, so it doesn't feel like Christmas yet.

Saturday will be a fairly short gathering - other years we'd watch all three NFL games together, especially the 8 pm one where a Miami loss puts the COVID-recovered Ravens in line for the playoffs and Tony Dungy said, "No one wants to face the Ravens in the playoffs."

I expect that by December 2021, things will be back to normal - including me back in my rebuilt house where I'll host a Thanksgiving and/or Christmas party for our extended family. I think a 55" TV will do - 65" is a little too big for my small TV room.

So, this year's gathering will be a celebration of survival, where some friend and four of our local family members caught COVID and all recovered - three who will be at our Saturday gathering, a celebration of thanks to the vaccine researchers, and a hope that the various branches and agencies of government surprise us and do a good job in 2021.

• Heart 2

19 minutes ago, roadsue said:

I heard this blessing on Thistle and Shamrock music podcast: 

"May peace and plenty be first to lift the latch of your door, and may happiness find its way to your home guided by the Christmas candle."

Peace this Christmas, friends. 

We had a family tradition of a lighted candle...Christmas Eve and Christmas day...to guide the Christ child...:nodhead: as well as the stranger (Christ) seeking shelter in the night.  

I should seek out a nice decorative candle just for that....

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1