Home 🏠 Thread with pics

Dirtyhip

8 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Make sure you get pics where pipes come in...it will come in handy years down the line.

I took pictures of where the pipes are in the walls, ceilings, etc...  In a few cases I had a measuring tape in the picture too,   just in case...   

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Drinking water from a well is water that is alive. 

13829CA5-06ED-45DE-83E6-22A04318FCEE.jpeg

26CF549D-F251-45F8-B6D9-9D8EABEA1179.jpeg

As long as the water is not full of calcium, magnesium etc. ions that make it hard!

In my county, those living close to Baltimore get water from the Baltimore City supply which comes from reservoirs fed by rain-based streams and is so plentiful it's rare to have car-wash or lawn sprinkler limitations during droughts. The water is so soft that tropical fish originating in swampy, soft-water areas thrive in it where water from most areas must be mixed 50:50 with distilled water.

Those living away from Baltimore get well water and it's hard water, tastes like it, and you need house water filter.  My house, 200' outside of the city, gets Baltimore City water.

• Heart 1

21 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Convenient for sure. While standing aboot, you can grab one of these, and of those, always w/in arms reach :D

The kitchen is also more amenable to standing up and mingling as opposed to plopping down in a couch or comfy chair. Islands make great stand-in bars, specially when loaded with good grazing foods. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

The kitchen is also more amenable to standing up and mingling as opposed to plopping down in a couch or comfy chair. Islands make great stand-in bars, specially when loaded with good grazing foods. 

Completely agree. A friend/colleague of mine has a nice stand-in bar :D  and the kitchen is open to the family room so lots of fun mingling, eating, and yup some drinking ;) 

• Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Completely agree. A friend/colleague of mine has a nice stand-in bar :D  and the kitchen is open to the family room so lots of fun mingling, eating, and yup some drinking ;) 

My BIL has a McMansion with a gorgeous island and big kitchen that is excellent for fambly events. Except it is 2Far away. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

We have a big kitchen table that will be in place of the island.  

Us too, except ours is normal sized.  But I like gathering around the kitchen table.  More than 6 is too many for that  for us though.  The dining room table can seat 8 but for some reason we seldom use that for that porpoise.

Just now, Philander Seabury said:

Us too, except ours is normal sized.  But I like gathering around the kitchen table.  More than 6 is too many for that  for us though.  The dining room table can seat 8 but for some reason we seldom use that for that porpoise.

Well, mine is a 6 seater, and that seems huge for us.  When we move the inner panel will be there to stay.  Right now, it lives in the closet.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Well, mine is a 6 seater, and that seems huge for us.  When we move the inner panel will be there to stay.  Right now, it lives in the closet.

You would be proud of me for still having the kitchen table I bought when I was in my 20s from "Unclaimed Freight". :D  The top is in excellent condition except for one slight bulge from water damage.

Standard faux maple colonial.  Some of the chairs are getting wobbly though. :(  What is amazing to me though is how I have somehow  managed to prevent my wife from replacing it all this time.  Hoo-ha!

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

You would be proud of me for still having the kitchen table I bought when I was in my 20s from "Unclaimed Freight". :D  The top is in excellent condition except for one slight bulge from water damage.

Standard faux maple colonial.  Some of the chairs are getting wobbly though. :(  What is amazing to me though is how I have somehow  managed to prevent my wife from replacing it all this time.  Hoo-ha!

We found our table for $99 and the chairs were the expensive part.  The table has a laminate top and it is starting to peel in small sections.

Hey, Ralph, I was cleaning the dishes and thought about how long I would own these items.  Like my colander that is stainless.  It should last forever.  At our age, we have pretty mush everything we need.  Some of these items will be the last ones I ever buy.  That thought felt strange for a moment.  I felt my mortality, while cleaning ths old ass colander.  

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

At our age, we have pretty mush everything we need.  Some of these items will be the last ones I ever buy.  That thought felt strange for a moment.  I felt my mortality, while cleaning ths old ass colander.

Shit, my mother still has a lot of kitchen stuff I remember us having when I was a kid. Some of it her was her mother’s too. 

I think of my mortality when it comes to dawgz. Ruby will die around the time I am in my early to hopefully mid 70s and my wife says she doesn’t want another dawg at that age. I can see how they are a trip hazard but I still will most likely want another one. 

Ir makes me sad that my sister bought my mother a cocker spaniel years ago but it died at a young age and she was too heartbroken to replace it. It would have been great company for someone who lives alone. 

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

My husband ran the water line and the waste line, yesterday.  He did this with a shovel. 

I must not get too cold where the house is being built?   Or is it deeper than it looks?

Water lines would need to be 4 feet deep here to be below the frost line.  

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Bikeguy said:

I must not get too cold where the house is being built?   Or is it deeper than it looks?

Water lines would need to be 4 feet deep here to be below the frost line.  

Pics do not do proper justice to this depth.  Also, none of the backfilling is done.  The dirt will be just below that vent on the stem wall.   

I want to say we are around 3 feet + deep, but my husband is the one to answer that question.  

18 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

When our wellhead was extended above ground (dragged kicking and screaming into the modern world) we found a nice wooden barrel to place over the top of it as part of a small garden island.

Not sure what he is putting over that.  The one we had out in Chickenville was above ground like this one, and we never covered it with anything.  

Where this is located is not in the way of parking spaces or near any parking spaces.

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Pics do not do proper justice to this depth.  Also, none of the backfilling is done.  The dirt will be just below that vent on the stem wall.   

I want to say we are around 3 feet + deep, but my husband is the one to answer that question.  

Not sure what he is putting over that.  The one we had out in Chickenville was above ground like this one, and we never covered it with anything.  

Where this is located is not in the way of parking spaces or near any parking spaces.

We just did it because that damn blue pipe and cover looks so ugly sitting in everybody's yard.

13 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

We just did it because that damn blue pipe and cover looks so ugly sitting in everybody's yard.

It is my 10,000 dollar piece or art.  HAHA

I talked to my well guy about plants and trees around that well head and he said it is a non-issue.  He told me we are metal cased down to 40'.

I still don't think putting poplars near a well head would be a good idea.  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

It is my 10,000 dollar piece or art.  HAHA

I talked to my well guy about plants and trees around that well head and he said it is a non-issue.  He told me we are metal cased down to 40'.

I still don't think putting poplars near a well head would be a good idea.  

Mine is hidden by a shrub. I trimmed the shrub back a bit last year so it’s still hidden but I can find it. The wellhead sticking up out of the ground seems to me to make it too easy for someone that doesn’t like you to take the cap off and put something bad down the well. 

• Heart 1