Home 🏠 Thread with pics

Dirtyhip

8 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Say, DH, maybe trying this will get the entire crew to show up at your house every day for a couple weeks...

bank.jpg.d5c556a510fd2fb0ca92c68e3de80c62.jpg

That damn bank is almost done.  It is huge and it has stolen all the local workers with their fat cat money.  :angry:

It is maddening how fast a brick building is going up, and I just want everyone to finish my little rectangle.

• Heart 3

Just now, Airehead said:

It is really taking shape. You must be so excited. 

I am.  It was so hard to get excited before I saw structure.  It didn't feel real until about last week when the roof started coming together.  

Now that I am can really see it, I like it even more,  The roof line is so cool. I love the idea of a covered porch for sitting out and watching the view and the deer eating all my tulips.

• Heart 2

@Airehead Wanna know what I REALLY excited about?  

There is no tile in my home.  The surfaces are all easy to clean.  The tub and shower inserts are one piece fiberglass.  They will be a dream to keep clean.  

Also, no wood floors, LVP instead.  I can just wet mop the floor and not fret.  Wood floors seem tedious to clean.  

Trying to make my life a bit easier.  

• Heart 2

15 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yeah, what is that all about?

They have deep pockets and gobbled up some of my workers.  Or so I assume.

I ean they have worked on our stuff on a regular basis, but my crew was small.  The bank has a significant crew. Maybe I should just not worry about it, because I am getting a very good price for this build.  

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

That looks so big, I love it!

Thank you.  It is quite small compared to most homes around here.  1152 sq ft. home.  

It might look a bit smaller when the sheetrock goes up. Loads of people said "why so small if you are going to do a custom home?"  I said it is all we really need. 

There is a shortage of homes here, so we are opening up one for a new family.

• Heart 2

The outside pics are really fun, but the pics showing the view looking out from inside the frame are really exciting!!! Such a great view and it really seems homey when you are looking out the window frames.  I'm so excited for you!

• Heart 3

4 hours ago, Airehead said:

It is so real now

It took me a while before it even felt real.  Even after the well, septic and permits were all pulled.  It did not feel real.  Then the trusses went on, and I was like "OK, this is really happening."  We are DOING THIS.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

2 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Love the pic's with some of the siding and roof up!  I'm jealous!

Hope to have similar stuff up by the first week in April - the contractor had trouble getting windows delivered before then.

We are almost neck in neck as we close in on the home stretch.  HAHA!

I still need insulation, electrical, plumbing, siding, a garage slab.  Still tons of work.  You have the advantage here.

7 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Perhaps you've never been to the third world countries I have.  It's big enough for many.

My intl travel has been very very limited.  Also, I don't see the local things close up and personal.  We are always in the nice tourist digs.