Home 🏠 Thread with pics

Dirtyhip

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

House is not big enough for that.

I have heard eyebrow raising numbers of how many live in some of the immigrant homes here in town. Some of it is they will work and sleep in rotating shifts. Some of it is it will take 15 years for builders to catch up with anticipated home demand. 

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

My intl travel has been very very limited.  Also, I don't see the local things close up and personal.  We are always in the nice tourist digs.  

My house is only 200 sq ft larger than yours and I believe the difference is a third bedroom.  There are places in Asia where a family would be living in each bedroom and 1 or 2 more in the living/dining great room. Of course that looks more like National Geographic than Bejing.

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

My house is only 200 sq ft larger than yours and I believe the difference is a third bedroom.  There are places in Asia where a family would be living in each bedroom and 1 or 2 more in the living/dining great room. Of course that looks more like National Geographic than Bejing.

In some places, I'm pretty sure a dishwasher would be considered a room with a shower! :D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

This is pretty much the last thing I was stressed about

Not to add to the stress, but I'd suggest considering some anchors as a precaution against high winds.  You could put one anchor in the middle of each long side, as they are the sides that will lift in a heavy wind.

I haven't bought these anchors myself so I don't know how much they cost.  They install easily and have tremendous holding power for their size:

Ver-T-Pol anchors

I'd guess you could go with the smallest one they make.

If your are doesn't get high winds, then don't worry about it.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Not to add to the stress, but I'd suggest considering some anchors as a precaution against high winds.  You could put one anchor in the middle of each long side, as they are the sides that will lift in a heavy wind.

I haven't bought these anchors myself so I don't know how much they cost.  They install easily and have tremendous holding power for their size:

Ver-T-Pol anchors

Thanks. I will tell my man

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Ver-T-Pol anchors

In our village, yes we still have towns and villages, if you put a shed on your property you are required by t he building inspector to install those anchors. 

On 3/25/2021 at 12:49 PM, Dirtyhip said:

I can live without curtains.  None of my windows really face other homes.  The highway gets a glimpse but it is only for a few short seconds at 60 mph.  Driver:  "Was that a boob?....." <screech, crash boom bang>

Do they keep statistics on how many crashes were caused by boobs?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2021 at 2:56 PM, Dirtyhip said:

31597439-27C4-432C-8C40-0F09D243FDE4.jpeg

It's really starting to shape up!  Mine has plumbers, electricians, and heating people installing stuff now or soon.  The contractor's interior design expert says that when the sheet rock goes up things will fly.

But every time I think the major issues are behind me, something else pops up: window delivery delays, kitchen and bathroom flooring delays, extreme termite damage from past decades, etc.

My apartment lease State Farm is paying for ends May 31st and the major appliances will be delivered Fri, May 14th or before.  If for some reason they're not absolutely finished by May 31 because of any more delivery date problems, I'll either be sleeping in the house anyway or on my sister's or brother's couches for a short period.

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

It's really starting to shape up!  Mine has plumbers, electricians, and heating people installing stuff now or soon.  The contractor's interior design expert says that when the sheet rock goes up things will fly.

But every time I think the major issues are behind me, something else pops up: window delivery delays, kitchen and bathroom flooring delays, extreme termite damage from past decades, etc.

My apartment lease State Farm is paying for ends May 31st and the major appliances will be delivered Fri, May 14th or before.  If for some reason they're not absolutely finished by May 31 because of any more delivery date problems, I'll either be sleeping in the house anyway or on my sister's or brother's couches for a short period.

We are almost tied for progress.  We have the same things happening.  Appliances are due about 5 days prior to yours.  

2 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Will windows go here too?     If not... maybe something to consider?

image.png.636f6318ee937773368d7bb56a1898ce.png

Yes.  Those have to go in a little later.  They did not order them until they got other stuff framed up.  They wanted the size of them to be perfect.  Hopefully I will not get too many points marked off in the home race..

Page one shows my plans on this detail.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Thanks for being such a good sport and so gracious with all the joking around...  :)

My stress has came down to about a 2.  Earlier it was like a 9.  Too many very stressful components.  I was seriously terrified about my husband having to shift that box.  Terrified that he could get hurt of destroy the tractor or something.  I just didn't understand much about this construction stuff.  It was hard to have a sense of humor about those things.

Today we had electrical on site, HVAC guy, several framers, and they were banging along.  So many things happening.  It is so great.