Winter/Summer/Indoor/Outdoor air for tires

Dirtyhip

I understand the difference in Winter air and Summer air.  I got that covered.

However, I brought in the trainer and set up the Bianchi on it.  The air in the tires is outdoor Summer air.  Should I completely deflate my tires and refill them with indoor Summer air?  

I am very concerned about this.  I plan on riding in the morning, so please help me with this conundrum.   :dontknow:  :scratch head:

I understand the difference in Winter air and Summer air.  I got that covered.

However, I brought in the trainer and set up the Bianchi on it.  The air in the tires is outdoor Summer air.  Should I completely deflate my tires and refill them with indoor Summer air?  

I am very concerned about this.  I plan on riding in the morning, so please help me with this conundrum.   :dontknow:  :scratch head:

i would for safety sake.  It only takes a few minutes to do.  You want to make sure that you remove ALL the outside air before getting the rear wheel up to speed.  The combination of inside air and outside air at speed can me fatal.  The best way to do this is to remove as much of the air from each tire as possible then fill with indoor air.  Deflate the tires again, removing as much as possible.  Repeat this step at least 15 times on each tire to insure that only an insignificant about of outdoor air remains.  If doing this with MTB tires you might have to do this as many as 25 time to insure a safe ratio of IS air and OS air is achieved.  The reason I suggest doing this to both tires, even though you will be spinning the rear wheel inside, there is always the chance that you, or a loved one, might take the bike off the trainer and ride outside, putting both the front and rear tires at risk of catastrophic  failure.

And remember, there is a completely different process when reversing this by moving from inside Summer air to outside Sumer air.  Give me a shout when that time dome and I can fill you in on the proper safety procedure for that. 

Trainers are evil.  Happy spinning!

Thank you, Kzoo.  I will do that.

Yes, trainers are evil, but they can do what you need them to on a dark morning.  I hope to get in 45-60 minutes of misery.  

My gal pal is on a bike tour, so I have no one to protect me from critters in the morning,  She is my raccoon patrol.  HAHA

I keep separate tubes for winter air and summer air and for indoor air and out door air.  The real secret here is the pumps.  I also keep four pumps.  Two indoor pumps for summer and winter and two outdoor pumps for summer and winter.

My winter tubes and pumps are blue, my summer tubes and pumps are red.  The indoor tubes and pumps have green stripes and the outdoor tubes and pumps have black stripes.

There are no raccoons involved in my system.

I hate to throw a monkey wrench in the works, but what do you do for spring and fall? These transition seasons can be tricky.

Duh, Have you not heard the old expression, Spring Forward Fall Back?  

I spring I go forward to my summer pumps and in fall I back to my winter pumps.  

Oh, wait, you are from Arizona, never mind.

• Heart 1

Duh, Have you not heard the old expression, Spring Forward Fall Back?  

I spring I go forward to my summer pumps and in fall I back to my winter pumps.  

Oh, wait, you are from Arizona, never mind.

We only have two seasons, warm and really f'n hot. I have contacts in Canadia that send me cold air to run in my tires. Keeps them from melting into the pavement...

We only have two seasons, warm and really f'n hot. I have contacts in Canadia that send me cold air to run in my tires. Keeps them from melting into the pavement...

We can send various blends of winter air, depending on your specific needs. Saskatoon and Edmonton supply cold and dry air for desert and semiarid regions. Halifax, St. John's, Fredericton and Quebec City have processing plants for a much more humid cold air mix, ideal for those riding in wetter climates. 

I think we have discovered why she "forgets" to pack the panties occassionally.

I got some panties in the bags today.  As well as:  an ipod, cell phone, large glass container of homemade cous cous (for the party tonight), Lunch stuff (glass container of quinoa and veggies, large container of salad), a dress, high heel work shoes, tevas (for the party), bathing suit, lounge shorts, metal fork and knife, tool kit, sunscreen, bottle of wine (party gift), and a stainless water bottle.  

:D