Trainer riding

Dirtyhip

Bleh...sucks

I had something close to my front tire, and for a moment, I thought...how can I get around that.   :huh:

Never mind the furniture, you're not moving, Dummy!  HAHA

The good news is that I can put on some awesome dance music, and spin away wearing only shoes, socks and shorts.

More outdoor riding today.  Now, I am going off to be with the voices in my head.

I've been thinking about this... been getting in some riding in the morning, but I need to be back at the house by 7-7:15 to get ready for work.  And the sunrise is coming later and later - at some point morning rides won't work anymore.  I like NJ and all but I don't necessarily trust its drivers to see me in the dark, lights or otherwise.

Haven't used my trainer in many years - I hope it still works.

oh, and I'll let someone else take the easy one.  ;)

I save the trainer for after we set the clocks back

I have a Kurt Kinetic. I also have an extra rear wheel all set up with an old tire and the skewer for the trainer, so I just swap out back wheels.

I have a block for the front wheel and a piece of carpet remnant I put under the bike, too, since I have light colored carpets.

I have both my road bikes set up with rear wheel sensors for my Garmin so I can get heart rate, cadence, speed, distance...all that. I also have a Kurt Kinetic computer with power output if I want to hook that up this winter

but its mentally hard to spend an hour a day on the trainer, so I save it for the time of year when I can't be on the road

Bleh...sucks

I had something close to my front tire, and for a moment, I thought...how can I get around that. :huh:

Never mind the furniture, you're not moving, Dummy! HAHA

The good news is that I can put on some awesome dance music, and spin away wearing only shoes, socks and shorts.

More outdoor riding today. Now, I am going off to be with the voices in my head.

WTH were you using a stationary trainer instead of actual riding?

I save the trainer for after we set the clocks back

I have a Kurt Kinetic. I also have an extra rear wheel all set up with an old tire and the skewer for the trainer, so I just swap out back wheels.

I have a block for the front wheel and a piece of carpet remnant I put under the bike, too, since I have light colored carpets.

I have both my road bikes set up with rear wheel sensors for my Garmin so I can get heart rate, cadence, speed, distance...all that. I also have a Kurt Kinetic computer with power output if I want to hook that up this winter

but its mentally hard to spend an hour a day on the trainer, so I save it for the time of year when I can't be on the road

There's a formula (on the KK web sight) that can give you the wattage for their trainers.  I had the KK computer for about 5 years, but I don't really see the advantage to having instantaneous wattage info, if it increases proportionately to speed.   In other words, if I want to work out with wattage, I can determine what speed I need to reach a given output.  Then all I have to do is nail that speed on each interval.

There's a formula (on the KK web sight) that can give you the wattage for their trainers.  I had the KK computer for about 5 years, but I don't really see the advantage to having instantaneous wattage info, if it increases proportionately to speed.   In other words, if I want to work out with wattage, I can determine what speed I need to reach a given output.  Then all I have to do is nail that speed on each interval.

Merv had a special on these KK computers...$25 :o

I couldn't resist. Its a wired computer system, though, which is why I just stayed with my Garmin setup last winter. Its all wireless and works the same indoors and on the road

If I was still training I might be more into it

I also have a whole set of bicycle math equations programmed into Mathematica to plot things like power output at different grades and speeds, so I have a fair idea of  how much power I can put out over short intervals and things like that

Well, come visit me in January and I can watch you cry like a little boy. :P

Cold weather doesn't stop me. I lived in Leadville CO for years when I was a ski instructor. I chose to live in warm areas because I like to ride in warm sunny weather, but I also have the ability to live where the white shit falls from the sky.

Cold weather just requires wearing more clothes, but insanely hot weather means you have to HTFU.

I get it, but you don't seem to get that I'm just kidding you.

Tell us why you are riding inside this morning? 50 degrees is not too hot. :P

I don't like riding in the dark all alone.  Could not find someone to meet me at 5:30 am at the trail head.  We have drugged out weirdos, and plenty of wild animals in this area.  No thanks.  Not alone.  Self preservation at play here.

Riding at lunch as well, but I had to miss my after work athletic time.  Partay time tonight at this fantastic house with a pool and Stella Artois on tap.

Only had a 1/2 hour, so I decided to make the best of it with with some bumpin music.  

This has been out there for three hours now and I've been looking forward to reading reactions to this.  But nothing.  

You think you know a group of people.

This has been out there for three hours now and I've been looking forward to reading reactions to this.  But nothing.  

We must be growing up.  I was going to ask about it but my question was more along the lines of "why" and had nothing to do with pictures.

I always have the option of riding topless.  I always wear a jersey, even on a trainer, just because it wicks sweat better.  What prompted you to go jersey-less?

I always have the option of riding topless.  I always wear a jersey, even on a trainer, just because it wicks sweat better.  What prompted you to go jersey-less?

well, you get enough liquor in her, and that's how it goes

Oh for goodness sake!  I do have to give the appearance of being industrious at work at least some of the time and can't camp out here all day.  At least TM picked up on this.

That being said, TM, it appears your mind may work in a similar fashion to mine as we thought the same thing.

I suggest you get some professional help.

I toss a hand towel across my bars and towel the sweat away. Also it is nice on the sweaty hands, so I don't drench my bar tape.

You expect me to read what you or anyone else's posts?  I read the first post sometimes and then it is time for ME to post whatever I want.  My opinion is the only one that matter.  BTW, I am spinning away in a pair of lacy topped ankle socks and some red stiletto heels right now.  Nothing else.