The SWC 2021 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

Square Wheels

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

:o  Any more info on why it is there?

I did some research when I was home and learned that there are two within five miles of each other. One in McLean on Georgetown Pike and this one on Towlston Rd. Built in 1995, it took five years to design and build. Almost 14,000 square feet with six bedrooms, eight bathrooms, an Oval Office, Truman balcony, an elevator and 22 skylights. Sold for $2.2 million in November 2018. The address is 1111 Towlston Rd McLean VA

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

I did some research when I was home and learned that there are two within five miles of each other. One in McLean on Georgetown Pike and this one on Towlston Rd. Built in 1995, it took five years to design and build. Almost 14,000 square feet with six bedrooms, eight bathrooms, an Oval Office, Truman balcony, an elevator and 22 skylights. Sold for $2.2 million in November 2018. The address is 1111 Towlston Rd McLean VA

That's amazing!  I can't imagine why this has never received any coverage or stories in the national news.  If it has, I missed it.  Would be an interesting light-hearted story for 60 Minutes or some other news magazine show.

Sorry for drifting off-topic, but those pictures blew my mind!  :o

• Awesome 1

On a side note, my mileage should be pretty good.  My commute doubled in length, so it will be a mandatory 50 miles a week.  I rode down the wet and slushy icy hill yesterday, and it wasn't too bad.  When I lose the shoulder it will be problematic.   It is really narrow up this one section of the commute to get back up to the lot.  It's really steep, and not a lot of space.  It's a short section

• Heart 1

About 10 skiing in the Five Ponds Wilderness Atea.

2CF28D90-AE0E-441D-B502-C987C7654784.jpeg

<added to total>

<merged posts>

Edited by Square Wheels
  • Heart 4

Not too many miles today.  It was sleeting/snowing/icing. etc...  We drove to one of our usual places to walk the dogs.  WoBG got out of the Subaru and found out she needed ice skates, and since she didn't have them, she fell over in the parking lot and bounced off of the car.  :(   She's OK.  Just sore.... tomorrow we will see.

So we go home, and I took the dogs for a walk in the neighborhood.  Bruno decided she didn't like walking in the sleet, and she just stopped walking.  I got a huge total of 0.2 miles today walking the dogs. 

Last year we walked almost every day.  I only started tracking our walks starting on 8/13/20, when I started using my Garmin watch, and I tracked 312.8 miles walking.

Not a great year cycling, only 606.4 miles in 2020.  Most of the riding was on our tandem.  I'm sure we walked more than we rode our bikes.  

• Heart 3

1-2-21    WoBG and I walked the dogs 2.1 miles on the I&M Canal Trail.   Parker got to bark at another dog again.   I've never had a dog that HATES other dogs. The best part...  we stopped and talked to the guy with the dog.  After a little while... "Hey your dog doesn't have teeth!"    Yeah, Parker will gum your dog to death.  

Yeah we noticed that when we rescued him 1 year ago. He only has a few molars in the back so at least he can eat solid food.   I have NO idea why anyone would have most of the dogs teeth removed. :(  He's 13 now.  

The 20# killer dog with no front teeth.                                                                                                        <added>

Parker.thumb.jpg.9e1faf1befb9be225c8d132ad218cc16.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1