The SWC 2021 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

Square Wheels

2/1    2.1 miles walking the dogs with WoBG.

2/2   0.9 miles walking the dogs today solo.  Bella just stops walking... almost 1/2 mile down the trail.   She uses all 4 legs to dig in and become a rock.  So we turn around and she's running around like a nut... smelling everything again.   :huh:    

:check:

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Clark said:

Yay!  Our little group of riders have now ridden 2,570 miles, about the distance from New York to San Francisco, as the crow flies.  :speedy:

Of course, @az_cyclist has about 1/3 of the miles all by himself...  :D

we do have decent cycling weather in the winter in the desert Southwest

Edited by az_cyclist
  • Heart 1

2/3  1.6 miles walking the dogs with WoBG. 

Today was a first... Usually our Beagle (Bella) gets stubborn and quits walking.   Today our Jack Russel (Parker) just turned around and started walking back to the car.  Up to today... he was like the Energizer Bunny who just keeps going and going...  He must be learning he can stop walking from Bella.  I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks, Parker is 13,  Bella is 6.

• Heart 2

14.5 on the Bridgestone on paved roads. 38 at the start of the ride and the sun was setting.  Rode an out and back so I had a head “wind” on the way back.  Wind was only 6 mph which is basically calm for here. Wind is supposed to pick up and temperatures plunge tomorrow.

• Heart 3

1.5mile snowshoe through the sugarbush. Was planning to go up on the high hill but we have about 3 feet of unsettled snow. Was sinking in 14-16 inches all the way. Maybe tomorrow i will do the whole loop.

• Heart 2