The SWC 2021 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

Square Wheels

3/20  Only 1.3 miles walking the dogs with WoBG.

Parker (our 13 year old Jack Russell) was walking slow. :(  Most of the time he was behind me kind like I was pulling a water skier.   When I  stopped once,  he turned around to and wanted to go back to the car.  Parker and I were slow...   WoBG and Bella must have been 1/8 of a mile ahead. So I picked up Parker and walked to catch up with them.   Then we turned around.   Of course then Parker was walking just fine on the return trip.  

:check:

• Heart 4

3/22   1.5 miles walking the dogs.

19.7 miles on the bike.   I set a near record (may be highest ever) heart rate 171, on the hill out of the Illinois River valley.   Most times if my HR gets into the low 160s that's high.   I'm sooo out of shape...     But I rode up the hill. 

• Heart 4

10 miles on the bike this AM, slow.  Nothing else today, butt is dragging.  Spent the weekend tilling and planting and digging and raking so I hope that counts for something.  But the peas and Mesclun are in, I have a bunch of trays of plugs, the squash plants are growing way too fast in their trays.

• Heart 4

41 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Yeah lots of wind here too.  If my Garmin 800 would measure 'air speed' I would have had a fast ride.   Yeah... that's my excuse... 

I use to have a digital Anemometer mounted on my handlebars to measure wind speed. Once I was pedaling very hard down a steep hill but only doing 15 mph. However the wind gauge was over 50 mph! Seems that I was going into a 35 mph headwind.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1