The SWC 2021 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

Square Wheels

4/11  3.4 miles walking the dogs with WoBG.

4/9  3/4 of a mile walking the dogs with WoBG.    It was kid of rainy day... so we stopped walking early.

:check:

We walked at Allen Park along the river front.  Started walking at 9:07 AM.   I'd guess by 9:30 AM we had the dogs loaded in the car and left.

At 9:51 AM...  someone found a body floating in the river at Allen Park.  OMG!!!     Another article in the paper mentioned the body was found at the east end of the park.  We didn't walk too far east, the rain started so we left.

https://www.shawlocal.com/mywebtimes/news/local/2021/04/09/body-found-in-illinois-river-at-allen-park-in-ottawa/

image.png.ac615efcce088b886033afba2695dec4.png

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

Why are you riding a folding single speed?  On an RV or keep trip?

The Bi-Frame is running 26x2 tires and weighs more than my roadies, so it offers a little more roiling resistance while I'm getting back in the saddle. The single speed also forces me to stay in a specific zone (mainly fat-burning) while I ride. It's just a way to jump-start my recovery a little faster.

• Heart 1

4/15   1.7 miles walking the dogs.  Bella just stops walking when WoBG is not walking.  

Decided to mow the grass for the first time this year, rather than go for a ride.  

After 2 hours on the JD... I pushed the mower around to trim around the trees, bushes, etc...

(yeah... I know... sitting on a lawn tractor does not count)

:check:

• Heart 2