The SWC 2021 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

Square Wheels

23 road miles. Went out trying to get a ride in before the rain; a flat tire made certain i failed. 

My own fault - i had mentioned looking to replace this tire, but never did it. Now i see threads in the tread - can't put it off any longer. 

:check:

• Heart 4

22 hours ago, TrentonMakes said:

15 on the MTB on Sunday 6/27, though 2/3 of that was on pavement. 

The more i ride my road bike, the harder it is to ride the MTB with its tiny little 175mm cranks. ;)

What kind of cranks do you have on the road bike? I have 175s on all of mine and they seem long enough for me.

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

What kind of cranks do you have on the road bike? I have 175s on all of mine and they seem long enough for me.

Might be my favorite feature on this road bike - the cranks are 210s and they feel perfect. It makes a lot of sense to me that the cranks should increase along with the frame size (which is about 68cm).

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

On 6/29/2021 at 7:23 PM, Longjohn said:

I did a couple miles in my kayak. I forgot to start Strava until I was at the other end of the lake. Then I forgot to stop Strava until I was home in my recliner. I deleted the STRAVA paddle. I thought someone said you could edit it to remove the driving home miles but I couldn’t figure out how to do it.

Its not difficult. You can do it w/in Strava. Search the help and follow the steps :)

• Heart 3

53 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Impressive. I've never broke 20. My fastest average is 19.8, on a 30 mile group ride.

Thanks! 4 years ago, I was in my peak riding form. I had 2 rides over 22. One was out 50 mile 4th of July ride. We had a South wind that started moderate and kept getting stronger. That worked in our favor as we headed North after the halfway point. At one point I was doing 34 MPH and I was spinning out. I couldn't get into my smallest cog and the rest of the lead group was pulling away from me. Eventually I created my own peloton as I picked up riders that fell off the lead group, but they were blown up so I pulled most of them. 

The 2nd was the Scratchtoberfest ride. Some storms not predicted popped up. We stopped at a convenience store at 15 miles to check radar. We had to wait 2 hours for a narrow window to open on an alternate route. Only 1 guy chose to ride with me and even he decided to call it at the next town 10 miles later. I was solo and didn't have to worry about waiting for anyone and I had a solid tailwind. I did the final 45 miles solo. 

• Heart 3

5 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Impressive. I've never broke 20. My fastest average is 19.8, on a 30 mile group ride.

I think my best was on May 22 of this year. I had a 20 mph moving ave after 50 miles, 3 of us most of the time, a few more at times. The last 11 miles were solo and I finished with a 19.2 ave.

• Heart 3