The SWC 2021 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

Square Wheels

16 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Someone needs to gook the cracks on that road. That’s what they have been doing to all of our roads lately to get them ready for winter. Maybe they don’t have to do that in Aridzona because you don’t really have winter.

Anyway I had a very pleasant 15 mile ride on the rail trail yesterday. I met some cool people and enjoyed chatting with them. When I got back to my vehicle there was a truck parked next to me just starting to unload bikes. The guy had an electric fat bike with a throttle and the girl had a triathlon bike. What a combination. She was trying to improve her bike skills for an upcoming triathlon. She said she was a good runner and a good swimmer but she needed to work on the bike part. I told her I was trying to get my bike skills back for a cycling challenge I’m doing the month of September to raise money to fight childhood cancer. She got all excited and wanted the link so she could contribute. She said her husband just died of cancer. I thought she was real young like maybe 20. She must have been older.

:check:

That is a rarely used road in the park; I have never seen a car there, just hikers and cyclists.  Around the Valley there has been a lot of resurfacing

• Heart 3

8 hours ago, Deep V said:

No, Razor does not have ride partners like this!

I have few partners at all :(  My buddy will come do some gravel rides with me, another does MTB with me, and I will do leisurely rides with my wife, but I am 99% a soloist.  It does make it easier to coordinate and I get to always pick the route :D

• Heart 2

33 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

30 sunny miles today, I rode out to the Kennerdell tunnel from Franklin to try out my new headlight. Great light, no guessing where the trail is. Good thing I didn’t go that way with my brother on Wednesday. The bypass is loose gravel and all up and down hills. My heart rate monitor must have a dead battery because it didn’t work at all today. That worked in my favor because I couldn’t climb those hills and keep a 112 heart rate. My brother is not ready to ride hills or gravel. He can find the gear he likes on the flat but he can’t downshift fast enough on the hills.

:check:

very cool