The SWC 2021 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

Square Wheels

11 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

???? You have a gravel bike?  Is that new? Or just from some huge collection in your garage?

I bought a Breezer Doppler Team bike with 650bx47 tires from Nashbar when they were going out of business back in February 2019. It was going to be my Katy Trail and night riding bike. However WoJSTL decided that she wanted to start riding with me so we got a Schwinn Twinn MTB tandem. The poor Breezer has been hanging in the garage neglected mostly; however, I'm doing a 5-day Katy Trail ride on it starting on October 11th.  

I gave my son my Windsor Tourist that I used for things like the Katy Trail. I'm at 5 bikes including two old J.C. Higgins antiques one of which is used to hold flower pots in the side yards.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

30.7 miles with 1,978 ft of gain. Solo Saturday. Bad day, good ride! Forgot my jersey (old beat up spare behind the seat emergency jersey today). Had a flat about half way through. A joy fixing a flat in 100 degree temps. Max of 102 and average of 105. Just riding around riding with no real course in mind. Up and down some hills. 

Of course when you hit the 8%, it's going to get hot ha ha ha!

:check:

20211002_114504.JPG

Like I said, 94 here and just starting the climb.

20211002_114521.JPG

This little butt kicker up Sycamore Cyn to a women's prison camp. I would go up the little section to the left but it's supposed to be a private road.

20211002_115036.JPG

Gate closed here. I think it goes up into the mountains. Good thing it's closed or I'd be tempted ha ha ha!

20211002_115047.JPG

At the top of the Sycamore climb. Some 16-18% grades on Strava but it's only 8.6% average. But those steep pitches can really twist one's face ha ha ha!

20211002_115140.JPG

Th course and profile

Profile.JPG

• Heart 4