Square Wheels Cycling

The SWC 2021 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

3 hours ago, groupw said:

1/30- 7 miles on the PF trainer. 20 minutes of weights 

1/31. - 12 miles of muck and slush on the fat bike. 

Just curious...  What is a PF trainer?  Does it relate to cycling, walking or running?

• Like 1

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ride around the hood with my grandkids. Rode three laps and walked a couple with the twin buddies  

36 miles in Teton Park.  39-51 degrees, 0-15 mph winds, sunny.  Next weekend is looking even better, at least at present.    

45.4 today , 1/5/21, the 5 Vistas ride                                                              <added>  

Posted Images

25 Miles with the missus today (Sun). Went on a long walk and then took the pups out Sat, probably 5 miles combined.

:check:

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Clark said:

Just curious...  What is a PF trainer?  Does it relate to cycling, walking or running?

Planet Fitness cycle. It was crappy weather and I wasn’t feeling overly motivated, but needed to do something. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, groupw said:

Planet Fitness cycle. It was crappy weather and I wasn’t feeling overly motivated, but needed to do something. 

Thanks.  When I googled "PF Trainer", all I got were references to Planet Fitness trainer people.   :D  

• Like 1

Gym. 0.6 on the dreadmill. Full set of machines (high reps), agilities, stretches. Felt strong but unenergetic.

• Like 4

2/1    2.1 miles walking the dogs with WoBG.

2/2   0.9 miles walking the dogs today solo.  Bella just stops walking... almost 1/2 mile down the trail.   She uses all 4 legs to dig in and become a rock.  So we turn around and she's running around like a nut... smelling everything again.   :huh:    

• Like 2
2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

10 on fatso

Have you ever considered your bike's feelings?  Do you think it appreciates being called "fatso"?  :(

• Sad 1

Yay!  Our little group of riders have now ridden 2,570 miles, about the distance from New York to San Francisco, as the crow flies.  :speedy:

Of course, @az_cyclist has about 1/3 of the miles all by himself...  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Clark said:

Yay!  Our little group of riders have now ridden 2,570 miles, about the distance from New York to San Francisco, as the crow flies.  :speedy:

Of course, @az_cyclist has about 1/3 of the miles all by himself...  :D

we do have decent cycling weather in the winter in the desert Southwest

Edited by az_cyclist
  • Like 1

2/3  1.6 miles walking the dogs with WoBG. 

Today was a first... Usually our Beagle (Bella) gets stubborn and quits walking.   Today our Jack Russel (Parker) just turned around and started walking back to the car.  Up to today... he was like the Energizer Bunny who just keeps going and going...  He must be learning he can stop walking from Bella.  I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks, Parker is 13,  Bella is 6.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, az_cyclist said:

we do have decent cycling weather in the winter in the desert Southwest

Yes you do..  next week we will be below zero at night.

• Sad 1

14.5 on the Bridgestone on paved roads. 38 at the start of the ride and the sun was setting.  Rode an out and back so I had a head “wind” on the way back.  Wind was only 6 mph which is basically calm for here. Wind is supposed to pick up and temperatures plunge tomorrow.

• Like 3

2/4   0.9 miles today walking the dogs with WoBG.  It started to rain...   rain at 34o is no fun.  Snow would have been OK.

• Like 3

Been a down week, gym was closed for the snow and there's still ice in the mornings.  Did get a mile in the pool and a quick weight circuit 

• Like 3

2/5  Only 0.3 miles today.  It was too cold for Bella's paws.  She stopped and started lifting up her paws. :(  I guess 12o is her lower limit.

So we are done for a while.   The next several days will be colder.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

About 75 minutes each on 2/6 and 2/7 shoveling snow. I’m guessing about 5” each day. Luckily it was powder. 

• Like 3

1.5mile snowshoe through the sugarbush. Was planning to go up on the high hill but we have about 3 feet of unsettled snow. Was sinking in 14-16 inches all the way. Maybe tomorrow i will do the whole loop.

• Like 2