The SWC 2021 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

Square Wheels

After a great January, February has been a bust as far as outdoor miles go... too many snowbanks and icy spots. I've been pretty good with the trainer in the basement - using the old Panasonic for that. Yesterday i swapped in a smaller cog for some more resistance. 

And I've been doing some weights - low weight, high reps for now.  I feel really good this morning even though I've been averaging probably 6 hours of sleep a night all month. Is it possible that 6 hours a night is all i need? 

• Heart 4

No bike, still too much ice.  morning swim was shortened since I found out just as I was ready yo head to the pool that the dog we're watching apparently didn't take well to the food she stole from our dog, and the LR carpet didn't take well to her not taking well.

Got back for some weights at a late lunch.  Couple young dudes, masks on their chins, working out on an inclined bench.  Nice looking woman came in and started a workout (a tough one!).  After a few minutes of not subtle checking her out, dudes moved to the inclined bench next to her.  I don't think I've seen pit bulls react like that.  Something about where to put those unmaked faces and googly eyes.  They moved back.

• Heart 1

2/25   1.4 miles walking the dogs with WoBG.

Today we had to walk the Ottawa River Walk trail, it is a blacktop trail.   The thaw is making the I&M Canal limestone trail way too muddy, etc...   

The dogs both like to wander (they have 26 foot leads) but today not so much.  Kept the leads short for most of the walk.  They still needed to get their paws cleaned before getting back in the house.

:check:

• Heart 4

15 minutes ago, Clark said:

2/20  -  10 miles on the indoor bike

2/21  -  2.0 miles treadmill

2/22  -  12 miles on the indoor bike

2/24  -  10 miles on the indoor bike

2/25  -  14 miles on the indoor bike

2/26  -  18 miles on the indoor bike

Total of 64 miles on the indoor bike and 2.0 miles on the treadmill

:check:

You really need to get out more. :D

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

You really need to get out more. :D

I hate riding in cold weather.  I have a bad knee (the one with a rod and screws holding it together) that REALLY hates cold weather.  I probably won't go outdoors until the temps are at least above 65 F.  

Indoors has it advantages.  No cars, squirrels, cars, flats, cars, bugs, cars, rain or traffic lights.  Also, I can ride at anytime of the day and clothing is optional.  The weather is always perfect and no danger of ever crashing.   :)  :nodhead:

• Heart 1