Meaningless game

Prophet Zacharia

9 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

... is meaningless. Unless the Browns somehow lose.

Without key Steelers starters, the Browns still barely got by.  Are the Steelers getting their act back together just in time for the playoffs?

The Ravens had 404 yards rushing today, but the Steelers D is excellent against the run.  If the Ravens stop Henry and the Titans this year (lost to them in the playoffs last year despite 200 more yards of offense) and play the Steelers, both teams offensive strengths run into the other team's defensive strengths.

4 hours ago, MickinMD said:

If the Ravens stop Henry and the Titans this year (lost to them in the playoffs last year despite 200 more yards of offense) and play the Steelers, both teams offensive strengths run into the other team's defensive strengths.

That would have to wait until the AFC Championship game, and Baltimore would first have to beat KC and the Steelers the Bills.

3D4F1796-524E-4767-A873-D0CEE776FA56.jpeg

10 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I think the Steelers told Rudolph to keep his helmet on this time, nobody got whomped on the highlights I watched.

I heard that Mason Rudolph wanted to dress up as Ichabod Crane for Halloween this year.

I heard his dad got him a big appliance box and he dressed as a whack a mole machine

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dottles said:

@ChrisL: why we gotta play you?? Sick of you guys. I don't think it's good news for either of us. Now I can't cheer for your side.

Yep Hawks & Rams again next week.  I don’t have a good read on this game but     hopefully we get some guys back from injury/Covid list.  

Also interesting to see if the Rams stick with Wolford.  Goff had been atrocious the last few games and Wolford really started getting it together in the 2nd quarter on. It was the first time ever in an NFL game and the kid balled out.

9 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

And I heard Myles Garrett ran across the field to shake Mason’s hand after the game, thus debunking any claims that Mason had called him the N world last season.

I don’t think it debunks anything, I think he was asked to do that or just wanted to put it to rest. 

3 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I don’t see Myles shaking hands with someone who called him a *igger within the last 13 months, I don’t see that happening at all.

I don't know that Rudolph, stupid and frothing at the mouth as he was, would or wouldn't say something not super elegant.  I also think maybe that Garrett might have thought he heard something that maybe wasn't clear and assumed, he doesn't seem much of a liar.  Plus, he has been a stand-up guy at every stop thus far, just the one incident where Rudolph was simply too stupid and went apeshit in a batshit crazy way.

I chalk it up to adrenaline.  Disappointed that their was no Garrett sack of Rudolph, though, that would have been nice.

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I also think maybe that Garrett might have thought he heard something that maybe wasn't clear and assumed, he doesn't seem much of a liar. 

I think that Garrett had every reason in the world to come up with some “justification” of his actions as a means of avoiding prolonged league suspension or even criminal charges. It’s funny that none of the other African American athletes surrounding the situation heard the same thing as Myles. And Myles does have a racially dramatic flair to him in some of his social media. 

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I think that Garrett had every reason in the world to come up with some “justification” of his actions as a means of avoiding prolonged league suspension or even criminal charges. It’s funny that none of the other African American athletes surrounding the situation heard the same thing as Myles. And Myles does have a racially dramatic flair to him in some of his social media. 

He already HAD all the justification he needed to beat the snot out of MR, and MR richly deserved retaliation (lots of it).  If Garrett had ripped his head off with his helmet, that would have been fine.  Bockling him in the head was only a thing because it COULD have been worse.   MR kept charging ahead and further instigating and was clearly mouthing off as much as his dumb ass could.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

He already HAD all the justification he needed to beat the snot out of MR, and MR richly deserved retaliation (lots of it).  If Garrett had ripped his head off with his helmet, that would have been fine.  Bockling him in the head was only a thing because it COULD have been worse.   MR kept charging ahead and further instigating and was clearly mouthing off as much as his dumb ass could.

Ok, so Myles is just a race baiting liar then. :dontknow:

22 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Ok, so Myles is just a race baiting liar then. :dontknow:

Nobody here knows what what said or what was heard.  My point remains that MR first tried to rip MG's helmet off, kicked him in the nuts, and kept charging and shouting whatever he thought would get further rise from MG.  MR should have expected to be bludgeoned with anything at hand for the stupidity exhibited, but was his utter stupidity prevented him from realizing this.