Birdie shots for 2021

shootingstar

3 hours ago, shootingstar said:

What bird has that huge wingspan and redness?

Roseate Spoonbill. Probably my wife's favorite so always try to find a flock. They were in the process of nest building that created a predictable and repeating path.  Here are a few more.

April 2021 -1500px-12.JPG

April 2021 -1500px-17.JPG

April 2021 -1500px-19.JPG

April 2021 -1500px-23.JPG

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

• 1 month later...

Stopped by BIL's house in SC on way back from CT. His back patio is a bird viewing haven.

Too bad "1 file would exceed the total allowed size of 633.741kB, and was skipped" won't let me post even one.

For size reference, with files already reduced to 2500 pixels on long side (from 7000 pixels original) files range 1800kb to 2600kb depending on crop.

On 5/24/2021 at 8:44 AM, Tizeye said:

Stopped by BIL's house in SC on way back from CT. His back patio is a bird viewing haven.

Too bad "1 file would exceed the total allowed size of 633.741kB, and was skipped" won't let me post even one.

For size reference, with files already reduced to 2500 pixels on long side (from 7000 pixels original) files range 1800kb to 2600kb depending on crop.

Are you over your limit?

https://squarewheelscycling.com/index.php?/attachments/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
4 minutes ago, BuffJim said:
14 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Looking forward to getting some good pictures on my trip to Florida in February.

Those were taken this week. That walkway is Wetlands Park in Christmas, FL. While the photos were taken with the lens set at 600mm, the wood stork landed on the rail as I was crossing and was so close I had to crank the lens back to 270mm. Also saw this nice guy. Actually, due to the dense brush didn't see him until even with on the trail. (lens set at 600mm for obvious reasons.)

Wetlands Dec 2023 - 2500px-16.jpg

• Awesome 1

37 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Those were taken this week. That walkway is Wetlands Park in Christmas, FL. While the photos were taken with the lens set at 600mm, the wood stork landed on the rail as I was crossing and was so close I had to crank the lens back to 270mm. Also saw this nice guy. Actually, due to the dense brush didn't see him until even with on the trail. (lens set at 600mm for obvious reasons.)

Wetlands Dec 2023 - 2500px-16.jpg

I’m free Feb 22 or earlier part of the 23rd before I head to my brother’s, also Mon the 26th if you want to take me to a nature place.

Hadn't planned on this, but the hawk supervised my returning the garbage and recycle cans back to the house and dragging the yard waste to the curb for tomorrow's collection. It was directly under him and never budged from his perch. Then I went in and got the camera. Apparently, no squirrels dared to venture in the area.

Hawk 2023 - 2500px-1.jpg

Hawk 2023 - 2500px-4.jpg

Hawk 2023 - 2500px-5.jpg

• Like 1