Did your NFL team perform as expected?

ChrisL

Somewhere in the annals of the SW forums i said my Rams were a good team, not great and would be 10-6 if they get a few breaks, 9-7 if they don’t. Probably make the play offs, most likely get bounced early.

I think I got my hopes up by a good start feeding on NFC East teams but they came back to earth agains the NFC West and then there was that game against the Jets...

Did your team measure up to your expectations? 

33 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Somewhere in the annals of the SW forums i said my Rams were a good team, not great and would be 10-6 if they get a few breaks, 9-7 if they don’t. Probably make the play offs, most likely get bounced early.

I think I got my hopes up by a good start feeding on NFC East teams but they came back to earth agains the NFC West and then there was that game against the Jets...

10/6 and not in the playoffs.  No wonder I don't like football.

• Sad 1

Considering the fact that for at least 12 games, the offense only had 3 of it's starters, only one played 16 games, 14 different O Lines ending the season with 3rd and 4th stringers, the D also suffered significant injuries, I'd say worse.  But what's most disappointing is how the team handled all of that.  Signed too many old players, of course they get hurt. years of bad drafts, so the backups stink, coaching that refused to even pretend they were putting a taxi squad out there and still insisted on calling skill plays, then take all that crap and put it on the shoulders of the franchise QB so he can't wait to be traded.  I guess someone has to take on the Browns' old role.

But since they were still in the playoff picture til last week, not a terrible season?

3 minutes ago, 12string said:

But since they were still in the playoff picture til last week, not a terrible season?

And the Giants fans disappointment as they "let" the Skins win last night!  Too funny.  My friends who are Giants are UP IN ARMS! 

The sooner folks write off the NFC East this season, the better.  A joke that the Skins are a 4 seed. Total BS.

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

And the Giants fans disappointment as they "let" the Skins win last night!  Too funny.  My friends who are Giants are UP IN ARMS! 

The sooner folks write off the NFC East this season, the better.  A joke that the Skins are a 4 seed. Total BS.

I understand the Giants fans being upset, but maybe try winning a game once in a while so you don't have to worry about a team with only 4 wins playing their backup to the backup QB in the last quarter of the season.

Skins were going to win that game no matter who was QB.  Hurts wasn't doing anything to win.  It's more a statement that the WFT could only win by 6 points

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

And yet outside of Florida, we will all be pulling for their win. Beat the fucking Bucs.

4 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I am glad you didn't end up in Jeff Fisher land!

Browns had a better record than I thought, given the covid situation in a few of the games.  It really helped to play and sweep the entire NFC east!  I don't have exceedingly high hopes that they will win in Pittsburgh on Sunday, I can only hope the starter's week off throws them off a bit much and the Browns can run and run and run some more.  Fingers crossed, but realistically they should be just glad to be there.

• Heart 1