Riding with the boys tomorrow morning

Dirtyhip

We had a ride leader on our club rides that didn't understand how to run a no drop ride.  She would take off with a half a dozen fast riders and nobody would ever see them again.  I would notice the rest of the riders were not keeping up so would drop back and ride with the girls that got dropped.  I never noticed much drama but they did have a few choice words about the ride leader.

We had a ride leader on our club rides that didn't understand how to run a no drop ride.  She would take off with a half a dozen fast riders and nobody would ever see them again.  I would notice the rest of the riders were not keeping up so would drop back and ride with the girls that got dropped.  I never noticed much drama but they did have a few choice words about the ride leader.

So guys call each other some pretty raunchy stuff under the best of circumstances.

What do the girls call people they do not like?  Are they more creative than guys?  We just string together some expletives and fecal references, right?

How did it go?

Only one guy showed.  I was already waiting at the trail head, when my buddy's truck crested the hill to the trail head.  I had rode there from the house.  

We started in the darkness.  Rocks and bumps sure seem different in the dark.  You don't see thinks coming at you.  I stayed right on him though.  The pressure to hang made me enter what I like to call beast mode.  HAHA!  I had complete focus as I hammered the trail, and then my light went out.  Maybe it was the bulb ... no idea, because I charged the bastard last night.  Dawn had broke, but it was still not too light out there.  Regardless, I still stayed on him. 

He had been breaking the cobwebs at the front and then I said "You want me to clear the webs for a while?"  The spiders get quite busy at night and the first people out get the joy of webs in the face in the tight twisty single tracks.  I led the uphill on a trail I like and actually put down a small gap on him.  He has a new bike, and I think he is getting used to it.  At the top of the hill, I told him to take front position, but I was right on him.  There is a knarly rock garden at the top and I cleaned the whole thing. I let out an evil laugh and he says "Did you clear those rocks?"  OH YEAH!  At the next segment I was really feeling ON!  Just hauling butt through there.  Took one more second off my best time and QOM'd myself yet again.  14th position overall out of 48 people on that segment.

I told him at the end that I had a great time and I thanked him for the company.  He said I could hang anytime.

Distance 8.8 miles, 906 ft of gain, 8.5 mph average.  Top speed, 33.6 mph.

• Heart 1