I did my good deed for the day

Prophet Zacharia

It was icy this morning. There was a woman riding on the bike path/ped path.  There are 3 road crossings on the way up a big hill.  At the middle crossing, she looked back to see if a car was coming before going through the intersection.  There are sheets of ice running down the roadway, so caution was warranted. As she came up to one icy section, I honked my horn to alert her to the danger. Not just a quick toot, but a good long warning. It was just in time, as she was starting to slide. Luckily my warning helped, she was able to keep it upright and only a minor sway. I did a good deed helping to prevent her from crashing in a congested school area.

The end.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

It was icy this morning. There was a woman riding on the bike path/ped path.  There are 3 road crossings on the way up a big hill.  At the middle crossing, she looked back to see if a car was coming before going through the intersection.  There are sheets of ice running down the roadway, so caution was warranted. As she came up to one icy section, I honked my horn to alert her to the danger. Not just a quick toot, but a good long warning. It was just in time, as she was starting to slide. Luckily my warning helped, she was able to keep it upright and only a minor sway. I did a good deed helping to prevent her from crashing in a congested school area.

The end.

You can't save them all!  Sometimes, you have to let them fail/fall, but be there to help them recover.  Maybe she'll learn? Probably not.  Probably sees you as the "bad guy" or asshole driver! :(

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

You can't save them all!  Sometimes, you have to let them fail/fall, but be there to help them recover.  Maybe she'll learn? Probably not.  Probably sees you as the "bad guy" or asshole driver! :(

I commend her effort, it was a tough morning to be out riding. And it was a big hill, and she was going pretty fast. I didn’t feel safe driving my car so fast up that hill, so I was happy to hang back and give her some space.

• Haha 1

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

I commend her effort, it was a tough morning to be out riding. And it was a big hill, and she was going pretty fast. I didn’t feel safe driving my car so fast up that hill, so I was happy to hang back and give her some space.

She must feel good to live in a place that supports her fairly "fringe" lifestyle.  Not all drivers - at least around here - would be so kind as to stop, wait, and encourage a much slower moving vehicle.  Here, the cars might nudge you up the hill with their bumper.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Really?  You didn't answer the most important question - Was she hot?

Clearly, that long BS story about chivalry translates to he thought she was hot, and leaning on the horn like that is known by all men to make the object of the beep instantly find the honker utterly irresistible.

• Heart 1