Happy Sunday

BuffJim

I am back and I overdood it as per usual!  It was worse because this was my first visit in aboot a year.  Just a few things that I have no idea what to do with, like a coconut and a cactus pear.Oh yeah, also rutabega. :D  Impulse purchases R Us.Got some nice marble rye bread and I didn't even have to mug an old lady for it!  Only Pepperidge Farm though.  And changed things up with serranos instead of jalapenos.  And a nice assortment of apples, and cara cara oranges. :wub:

This is a beeyootiful spring day here - sunny and sposed to go up to 43.  So a dog walk and maybe a ride are in order.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

I’m trying to expand my repertoire of vegetables. Bok Choy. What is it good for?  Especially if you don’t have a wok. 

Most of our vegetables tend to be asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, green beans and tomatoes. Onions and peppers as condiments. 

You don't need a wok for bok choy.  That will saute in a minute or two in a regular pan.  I passed on that because my wife is snot a big fan of it, and I was over my limit already anyhoo. :D  They had nice green beans, aboot 20 times fresher and better than the grocery store's.

An hour or so later: Man, that was a chore and a half to get all that stowed away into the fridge.  We now have an excess of carrots, lemons, limes, apples, and oranges.  Time to google up a recipe - carrot-apple-citrus soup or compote?  :D  Thank goodness that I have my winter refrigerator extension, ie the garage :D.

• Heart 1

36 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I am back and I overdood it as per usual!  It was worse because this was my first visit in aboot a year.  Just a few things that I have no idea what to do with, like a coconut and a cactus pear.Oh yeah, also rutabega. :D  Impulse purchases R Us.Got some nice marble rye bread and I didn't even have to mug an old lady for it!  Only Pepperidge Farm though.  And changed things up with serranos instead of jalapenos.  And a nice assortment of apples, and cara cara oranges. :wub:

This is a beeyootiful spring day here - sunny and sposed to go up to 43.  So a dog walk and maybe a ride are in order.

I caught the Seinfeld reference 🤣🤣🤣

• Awesome 1

Well damn..I slept in..nice since I didnt sleep well Friday night. But..the laundry room was busy by the time I showered and got down there :angry:

Google the bok choy...there are cooked and uncooked options..

Rutabaga...I use it with my roasted roots...or combined with mashed potatoes.

I may head to a grocery store after my laundry is done...or not :whistle:

Thinking about what I will be able to do or not do after my surgery...Any of you guys got a front clasp bra :D

• Heart 1