Pancakes

MoseySusan

43 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Where is your stuff coming from? Is it on a slow boat from China?

I’m not sure why the fridge is taking so long. We ordered it back in early September. The cupboard is a replacement of one that was damaged. The factory we had ordered tile from burned down Dec 20th, so we had to re-do the backsplash plan. But, we found some cool decor tiles hand made in Silver City, NM. So, we’re kind of excited about that. 
It’s been more than a year since I made pancakes for various reasons. They were so good. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

I've been doing a balancing act with 1/2 cup Bisquick's worth of pancakes and 2 oz. of Hungry Jack Lite syrup - any more and my blood sugar may soar.

I got some kind of keto pancake mix to try and also Kodiak Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix with has about 2/3 Bisquick's carbs plus some fiber.

If the Kodiak Cakes works, it may become my chicken-coating flour-sub.

3 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I've been doing a balancing act with 1/2 cup Bisquick's worth of pancakes and 2 oz. of Hungry Jack Lite syrup - any more and my blood sugar may soar.

I got some kind of keto pancake mix to try and also Kodiak Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix with has about 2/3 Bisquick's carbs plus some fiber.

If the Kodiak Cakes works, it may become my chicken-coating flour-sub.

I used to use Kodiak Power Cakes mix. I remember it being pretty good.

I've been hearing a lot about using nutritional yeast as a food coating. Have you heard of this? I haven't tried it. Maybe @Square Wheels or his wife knows how to use this for coating oven fried foods?

Helps Manage Diabetes

For those who are trying to control their blood sugar, nutritional yeast may be a helpful addition to your diet. A clinical trial published in the Internation Journal of Preventive Medicine looked into how nutritional yeast can impact the blood sugar of people who have diabetes. After supplementing with 1.8g (about 1.5 teaspoons) of nutritional yeast a day for 12 weeks, they found impressive reductions in long-term blood glucose (also called A1C) and improvements in insulin sensitivity.

You'll find plenty of recipes featuring nutritional yeast, but you can also simply add it to dishes you already cook. Here are a few examples of easy ways to work nutritional yeast into your diet:

• Stir into pasta in place of Parmesan cheese
  • Sprinkle on freshly popped popcorn
  • Season sautéed greens or baked kale chips
  • Add to mashed potatoes or cauliflower
  • Combine with raw nuts and herbs to make a crust for chicken or fish, and bake
  • Stir into soups and stews to deepen flavor

15 hours ago, roadsue said:

I've been hearing a lot about using nutritional yeast as a food coating. Have you heard of this? I haven't tried it. Maybe @Square Wheels or his wife knows how to use this for coating oven fried foods?

Not for pancakes.  I'll use in on things like rice to add a little flavor.  It has a bit of a cheesy taste to it.