Did you ever have one of those days

BR46

Was going to go out for a motorcycle ride....went to open the garage door and the opener didn't work. Get the motorcycle loaded up and off to the frozen lake went to start the motorcycle and gas is leaking out all over the place. Load the bike up and head home. Driving home something bounced off the windshield of the new truck.....Now there's a BIG ASS STONE CHIP in the windshield. 

I need a drink 

• Sad 4
  • Hugs 3

59 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I just made a pitcher of lemonade, would you like some?

Were you planning on riding on the frozen lake? Good thing you couldn’t ride, we don’t want you falling through the ice.

The ice is thick enough for riding. Where we were riding if you went through you would only be a 2 feet of water so you would only have a couple of soakers. 

57 minutes ago, Further said:

Do you have a bike with the spiked tires ?

20210110_172029.jpg.0083c1375ac970570c6dcc9cfa36afdb.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, BR46 said:

The ice is thick enough for riding. Where we were riding if you went through you would only be a 2 feet of water so you would only have a couple of soakers. 

20210110_172029.jpg.0083c1375ac970570c6dcc9cfa36afdb.jpg

Wow they tamed those down since the seventies. The ice racers used to run two inch spikes. Try not to get run over.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Wow they tamed those down since the seventies. The ice racers used to run two inch spikes. Try not to get run over.

I have a set of Canadian tires also. For AMA racing there's rules on how big the studs can be and the Canadian studs are taller and hurt a lot more and will draw more blood when you bump into the garage. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, BR46 said:

Was going to go out for a motorcycle ride....went to open the garage door and the opener didn't work. Get the motorcycle loaded up and off to the frozen lake went to start the motorcycle and gas is leaking out all over the place. Load the bike up and head home. Driving home something bounced off the windshield of the new truck.....Now there's a BIG ASS STONE CHIP in the windshield. 

I need a drink 

Been there with the cracked windshield.  Happened a few blocks from my State Farm agent's office.  Drove there and they arranged next a.m. window repair - I could have had them come out to my house to do it, but thought that going to the garage would less likely result in a mistake or poorly done job.  I think I had to pay a $50 deductible.

1 hour ago, team scooter said:

So is the garage door opener going to be OK? ;)

I got it working but it's still going to need replacement someday. 

It's the door position sensor that doesn't always know what position the door is in. They had problems with the opener and discontinued it years ago. 

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Can the stone chip be filled with those things you see on TV?  Like some clear epoxy so you don't need a new windshield?

I'm now 40 dollars lighter. 

It didn't make the chip disappear like in the TV commercials but nothing looks it does in commercials.