I know my wife isn’t feeling well.

Longjohn

17 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I hope she feels better.  Have you given her any morphine recently?  Is there any withdrawal if she then doesn't have it for a while?

Sending all vibes and prayers your way!

The last time I gave her morphine was one dose a couple weeks ago when she slept for 20 hours.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

Just had a nursing visit and our aide visit. They checked her over and gave her some morphine and are calling in a prescription for a different antibiotic for her UTI. She ate half an egg and a quarter piece of toast this morning. This isn’t easy.

I can't imagine what you're going through.  I don't think I could do it.  Will you consider moving her to hospice care, or is your plan to have her live the rest of her days at home?

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

I can't imagine what you're going through.  I don't think I could do it.  Will you consider moving her to hospice care, or is your plan to have her live the rest of her days at home?

I plan on keeping her here. There is so much Covid around now it would be difficult to even find a place that would take her. Our nurse that just left said he had five covid patients die last week. 

• Hugs 3

John - even though i haven't posted much lately you have been in my thoughts... i was hoping to see things were improving and I'm sorry that they're not. As others have said, it is touching to see how you take care of your wife and do what you can to make her feel better. Vibes and prayers to you, and i wish you the strength to stay the course. 

• Heart 2

8 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Just had a nursing visit and our aide visit. They checked her over and gave her some morphine and are calling in a prescription for a different antibiotic for her UTI. She ate half an egg and a quarter piece of toast this morning. This isn’t easy.

For better or worse. You not only pledged it, you live it. I have much admiration for your love. It is beautiful. 

• Heart 1