I have many good newses this morning

Parr8hed

My little friend is out of the hospital!  Yay!  May be coming home in less than 2 weeks.

My triathlon is a go.  I have a date, timing company, a venue, and am in the process of starting an LLC. 

I finally finished gluing up my first set of tubulars.  I will ride them tomorrow.  Yay.

I'm on call today.  So far we are only following two people on this side of the state!  Yay!

It is a cool Aug morning and I may squeeze in a quick ride after breakfast.

I am down about 7 pounds this week.  Yay!

Have you signed your organ donor card?  

Wth is this triathlon stuff about?

So this triathlon stuff is all about a tri I am organizing in my county in Indiana.  There is only one other tri on this side of the river for kids.  It is a county over.  Most of the ones my kids do are in Louisville or Surrounding counties in Kentucky.  I am organizing one just a few miles from my house for the kids up here.

I don't plan on sponsoring some charity where you never see what your money does like American Heart, or Cancer, etc.  I am starting an LLC to run this tri and I want to use proceeds to sponsor kids next year in my tri.  Pay their admission, buy them bikes, helmets, etc.  I want to get kids on bikes and off video games. 

After this initial start up I plan to put on a week long "tri-camp" where the rugrats get dropped off every day and work on swimming, running, cycling and transition.  Also we will go over bikes and repair them to make them safe. 

I'm pretty excited about this project.  It is going to be held at a local middle school 2 miles from my house. 

• Heart 1

So this triathlon stuff is all about a tri I am organizing in my county in Indiana.  There is only one other tri on this side of the river for kids.  It is a county over.  Most of the ones my kids do are in Louisville or Surrounding counties in Kentucky.  I am organizing one just a few miles from my house for the kids up here.

I don't plan on sponsoring some charity where you never see what your money does like American Heart, or Cancer, etc.  I am starting an LLC to run this tri and I want to use proceeds to sponsor kids next year in my tri.  Pay their admission, buy them bikes, helmets, etc.  I want to get kids on bikes and off video games. 

After this initial start up I plan to put on a week long "tri-camp" where the rugrats get dropped off every day and work on swimming, running, cycling and transition.  Also we will go over bikes and repair them to make them safe. 

I'm pretty excited about this project.  It is going to be held at a local middle school 2 miles from my house. 

Oh.

That sounds COOL!

Oh.

That sounds COOL!

The area that I live in is a rural area, but a suburb of Louisville.  There is a lot of money up here for whatever reason (I don't have any of it).  Lot's of interest in kid's sports, lots of kid interest in general.  Local teams are always going to "state, nationals, etc".  Lot of highly competitive type people.  I think this will go over great up here.

How far from Louisville are you?  What town do you live in?  Is it still cool if I bring RW and RB and crash at your house and eat all your cereal?

I am exactly 9 miles from the Ohio River that separate Indiana and Kentucky.  Roughly 15 miles from Downtown Louisville by expressway.  About 17-18 miles by bike roads. 

You can come and stay anytime. 

Yay!

What town?  Why do you live there?  Is it cool?

I live in Greenville.  I think it's cool because there are not many people here.  There are a lot of tractors, horses and cows.  The closer community is Floyds Knobs.  That's about 3 miles from me.  It is cool because it is tremendously hilly.  But there are still a lot of tractors, horses and cows. 

I am about 5-7 miles from New Albany.  Probably the biggest close city.  It is cool, lots of trendy little shops opening, some cool little breweries etc.  Nice places to eat that are local and not chains.