Sooooo, guess who had a heart attack this morning?

smudge

43 minutes ago, smudge said:

Yup. Not fun. 99% blockage of LAD. Went by ambulance to Marquette hospital straight to Cath Lab. Went through the wrist instead of the groin. I hear that's a much better way to do it.

Rest of my heart looks good. Just that one blockage.

So ya, I'll be here til Wednesday.

Wow, you work fast. I was in two hospitals with all kind of testing in both before I got my two stents and went home the next morning. Glad you are alright.

• Heart 1

Now you can take Brilinta. You did say you had good insurance didn’t you?

My surgeon said it depends which part of the heart has the blockage wether they go in through the wrist or the groin. Going through the groin I got a free manscape by a very pretty nurse. I also got a lot of attention when the entry site started bleeding.

5 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I’m off the beta blockers

I hated being on BBs. They slowed down my heart so much that it made riding difficult. I'd be climbing up a long hill with my lungs and legs burning but my heart rate would be something like 105 BPM. It took me about a decade to slowly reduce the amount of BBs taken until I finally convinced the cardiologist that I didn't need them anymore.

Holly crap! Been there, done that 99% blockage crap. According to doctors we cyclists are really good at hiding things. I was asymptomatic when they found mine after my doc orders a stress test. I had 5 blockages (3 over 90%). He couldn't believe I hadn't had a major episode.

Glad they got you straightened out!

• Heart 4

8 minutes ago, smudge said:

They want me to eat supper around 5. I  am not hungry.

I had not had anything to eat for several days with the testing and moving me from one horse spittle to another. I was so hungry when I finally got to order dinner. I ordered grilled salmon. Just before they brought it I had a bleed from my groin. My nurse didn’t even waste time putting on nitrile gloves, she put direct pressure on my groin for about a half hour. Room service brought my dinner and didn’t know what to do with it. She said:”I don’t know what is going on here but I guess you don’t want your dinner?” The nurse said to just leave it and we will heat it up for him later. About an hour later they asked me if I could eat lying flat on my back, I wasn’t allowed to sit up yet. It wasn’t easy but I ate everything while lying flat out.

Yikes, I can't believe I didn't see this until now.  I am so glad that you were able to get treatment quickly and that you will be ok.  We love you here and don't want you to leave us. :nodhead:

And NOBODY gets the she-shed except for Smudge.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Yikes, I can't believe I didn't see this until now.  I am so glad that you were able to get treatment quickly and that you will be ok.  We love you here and don't want you to leave us. :nodhead:

And NOBODY gets the she-shed except for Smudge.

Not if I get there first :whistle:

I can be there in under 3 hours 

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

That sounds a lot sexier than it probably was.

It was quite an erotic feeling and she was a beautiful hot redhead. Except for the pain of the amount of pressure she was using it was a memorable experience. They said without that I would have bled out very quickly. Both her and the night shift nurse kept coming in every ten minutes to look at my groin. I was running out of jokes by the time they decided I was going to be ok.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scrapr said:

Yikes. Get well. 

What was the story before the whambulance got there? 

Went for a bike ride at camp last Friday and ended up feeling like crap. Went for an easier bike ride Saturday and had to have HoSmudge come get me. Sunday morning was gathering laundry when it happened again. Lasted about 20 minutes. This morning was getting ready for work when the Big One hit. Pain, nausea, sweating. Told HoSmudge it was time to take me to the ER. 

I would have gotten here by medical helicopter, but was too foggy to fly. I know the ambulance driver went fast, but it still felt like forever.

• Hugs 4

1 hour ago, smudge said:

Went for a bike ride at camp last Friday and ended up feeling like crap. Went for an easier bike ride Saturday and had to have HoSmudge come get me. Sunday morning was gathering laundry when it happened again. Lasted about 20 minutes. This morning was getting ready for work when the Big One hit. Pain, nausea, sweating. Told HoSmudge it was time to take me to the ER. 

I would have gotten here by medical helicopter, but was too foggy to fly. I know the ambulance driver went fast, but it still felt like forever.

You don’t take hints very well. Glad they took care of it. The doctors made up for your messing around the first three times they jumped right on it. That’s a good thing. Did you remember to call off work?

4 hours ago, smudge said:

Yup. Not fun. 99% blockage of LAD. Went by ambulance to Marquette hospital straight to Cath Lab. Went through the wrist instead of the groin. I hear that's a much better way to do it.

Rest of my heart looks good. Just that one blockage.

So ya, I'll be here til Wednesday.

I was lucky in that they found the blockage before the event. Hang in there Smudge. So glad you are ok.

• Heart 1