What do your legs look like?

Randomguy

I wore shorts when doing laundry last night, so I looked at my legs.  They do not look like athlete's legs, and look considerably flabbier and less toned than late summer when I was riding a little bit.

Why does this happen?  I really only had a chance to start getting some small amount of fitness before it got cold, too, so it wasn't like I was some super-fit olympian or anything.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Trying to stick to an every other day plan so as not to get injured.   Rode in the basement yesterday, will run tomorrow, ride Thursday...

That sounds pretty sensible!

With a new bike, I always felt you ought to be able to ride it fast when you get it.  That didn't happen to me this time.  Really ever.  It is a good thought, though.

• Heart 1

I was talking to a fellow who was about to retire from work and he was considering cycling. He also had some friends who were recreational cyclists. I was explaining to him about the benefits of aerobic exercise and the consequential lack of muscle mass. He just couldn't understand how I could ride a bike exclusively for transportation and not have giant sized thighs.

• Haha 1