How many onions do you eat a day?

Randomguy

I probably average 1/4 to 1/2 a large sweet onion per day.

A large sweet onion weighs 8-12 oz. and I make sure I'm in that range if a recipe says to add a large one and I only have smaller ones.

I love onions and fry large amounts with or to add to stuff including eggs, potatoes, mac & cheese, chili, sloppy Joes, and put them on burgers and in soups and stews.

If I have less than 5 large onions in the fridge, I know it's time to get more to make it through the next couple of weeks.

• Awesome 1

Very little raw onion but onion is in many things I cook.  I start with the Holy Trinity a lot.  This week every day because it is in the scalloped potato dish we are eating some nights and also in the pasta dish we are eating other nights.  It is in the soup too

I use them almost daily in some fashion for dinner.  I used to get large onions and use 1/2 per dish but lately I have been buying the bags of smaller onions and just using the entire onion.  It’s about the same amount of onion per dish but now I don’t have 1/2 an onion in my fridge all the time.

• Heart 1

A WHOLE large onion is a lot of onion.  I use two large onions in my lentil soup, but that ends up being six or eight servings of soup, so I'd be hard pressed to eat a whole large onion a day.  On the other hand, those 5# or even 2# bags of onions are usually little ass onions, so eating one of those would be easy to do.

So, size does matter.