I had both a surprising and humbling compliment last night

goldendesign

2 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

For the last few years I've been involved with a really great tech bootcamp company. Creating content, mentoring students, and hosting webinars for both enrolled/unenrolled people. The compensation is nice but the networking and experience is by far the most rewarding part.

My latest project has been implementing a "Technical Project Management" program together for them. I partnered with a local branch of the PMI institute to work out all the specifics and make it above board for their programs. With it now launched, I'm doing the "Intro to TPM" type of lectures to drum up interest. Had one last night, good attendance of about 120 people, lots of interaction and overall received well. At the end I typically give out my LinkedIn for the group to connect. 

So now we get to the title; 

I got a message from a student thanking me. I'll use a direct quote: "I want to thank you for your ******* webinar. You're like the Bob Ross of Project Management. You made a challenging subject, to me, completely approachable and relatable."

Great job!  Love getting those kind of messages. We get stuff like that from our subscribers on a somewhat frequent basis.   Makes it worth while

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

For the last few years I've been involved with a really great tech bootcamp company. Creating content, mentoring students, and hosting webinars for both enrolled/unenrolled people. The compensation is nice but the networking and experience is by far the most rewarding part.

My latest project has been implementing a "Technical Project Management" program together for them. I partnered with a local branch of the PMI institute to work out all the specifics and make it above board for their programs. With it now launched, I'm doing the "Intro to TPM" type of lectures to drum up interest. Had one last night, good attendance of about 120 people, lots of interaction and overall received well. At the end I typically give out my LinkedIn for the group to connect. 

I got a message from a student thanking me. I'll use a direct quote: "I want to thank you for your ******* webinar. You're like the Bob Ross of Project Management. You made a challenging subject, to me, completely approachable and relatable."

Great job!  Love getting those kind of messages. We get stuff like that from our subscribers on a somewhat frequent basis.   Makes it worth while

35 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

Can I get some free PDUs for attending????

• Heart 2

What would make your course different from a typical PMI course?  And congrats!

Project management is a big deal for especially alot of big organizations since there is a huge range of different projects annually running simultaneously...and in the public sector there is additional public exposure on completion and how money is spent. 

47 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

What would make your course different from a typical PMI course? 

Since a lot of our prospective students come from zero technology backgrounds we also teach the fundamentals of Python, basic SQL, and the business intelligence concepts.

Focusing on the tech sector or rather tech centered projects there is a larger growing need to have subject matter knowledge on core competencies beyond just knowing how to PM.

We've got companies in several industries (insurance, agriculture, and infrastructure to industry drop a few) that have already signed on to hire our first crop of graduates. It's an exciting experience considering I do this part time as a side hustle and it's coming together so well.

13 hours ago, goldendesign said:

Wait. So you're saying you're NOT Bob Ross?!

• Heart 1