Do You Properly Wrap The Cord?

Razors Edge

36 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah I wrap cords up neatly but am not anal about it.  Same with the hose after washing the car.

Hose must always be wrapped lest on run over it with the lawn tractor.  There is a proper way to do it quick and easy though.  There is an area near the faucet designated for hose.  Start at the faucet and pull the hose toward the area faking it out on the ground the same was a ships line would be laid down.  That way the nozzle is on top and you can pull the hose out to anywhere in the yard you want it without snagging loops or tying it in knots.

The vacuum cleaner is easier.  Step on the damn retract button.  Don't have one........you made a bad choice.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Hose must always be wrapped lest on run over it with the lawn tractor.  There is a proper way to do it quick and easy though.

I'll say there is!  Push the mower throttle up near the top end, make sure the deck is engaged, and drive over the hose slowly to get the full effect of the mulching blades.  Using this technique, you should only have to make one pass and all the hose shards will get blown into the mower leaf bag, too!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

Always properly wrap and store cables/wires and hoses - except for the 2 garden hoses.  WoKzoo is in charge of those and it's a lost cause.  I just try to keep them as neat and out of the way as practical.  If I use the vacuum sweeper, an extension cord, or air hose, or 50 ft power washer hose, they are properly wrapped, secured, and stored when done.  OCD...

I hate a tangled mess of cords, vacuum wraps around the little pegs, power tools are wrapped around the tool, hose is done identical to Max, the only exception is the extension cord in the basement shop, it is in more or less constant use so stays out and is swapped between tools. 

9 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

The way to break her of eating the cords is to always leave them plugged in.

She passed a few decades ago. It didn't matter to her if they were plugged in. She ripped them out of the socket before destroying them. I'm sure she learned that from experience. She was also very smart.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

I wrap the cord, but not haphazardly. There are two hooks molded into the back that the cord is designed to wrap around and the plug has an indent on the side to clip onto the cord holding it tight.

Aaaaaarrrrrrrrgggghhhh.

One of those.

My grandfather could wrap a 50 foot extension cord by hand with no tangles. It was amazing to watch him toss the cord toward an outlet and watch it unravel. 

He tried to teach me several times. You put a little twist into the cord when you wrap it. I’ve gotten it wrong more times than I have gotten it correct, but when I get it right....  it’s a true sense of pride.