True confessions: Why did you join this God forsaken place?

Dottleshead

I was on LF when it started dying, and a whole bunch of my good friends there sent me the link to the new place they were all hanging out so I wouldn't be left out.  After a few years of waiting for www.12stringwillbelieveanything.com to stop giving me 404's, My bad typing while helping a friend find parts for his Country Squire Wagon led me here.

15 hours ago, BR46 said:

Came over from LF...I was also on another site but I got sick of the grammar nazi's picking everything apart. 

You really need to capitalize "Nazi".  I'm surprised you didn't notice the red line. image.png.299489bee700fd6f31beeab768d392c1.png Probably also make it plural but not possessive? Or was there just one Nazi harassing you there?

:frantics:

16 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Besides for the obvious, I still don’t get why everyone picks on him. 

See above :happyanim:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Envious 1
  • Hugs 1

36 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

You really need to capitalize "Nazi".  I'm surprised you didn't notice the red line. image.png.299489bee700fd6f31beeab768d392c1.png Probably also make it plural but not possessive? Or was there just one Nazi harassing you there?

:humping:-U

:D

• Hugs 1

41 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

:frantics:

See above :happyanim:

I'll take you on in welding

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

That is singular possessive. Nazis is plural, nazis’ is plural possessive.  😉 

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Zealot said:

The LF was my first foray into online forums.  I was there for a long time and invested way too much of myself into it.

I started on a computer forum, Anandtech. Then I wanted to branch oot and I think it was around 1998 I started in the love forum. I was always a big fan of The Big Question in the bicycling rag, and they peppered comments from the forum throughout the magazine, so I was drawn there, and then it morphed into this, so viola!  I R here!

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, Palesaint said:

I didn't have the pleasure of being on LF....... I did join Foo back in 2006 and I think a thread (probably locked shortly thereafter) mentioned the square wheels. Now Foo is lame so I mostly just stalk around here.

And we’re glad you do.

Way back in the mists of time I was using my kids Walmart Mt bike to access fishing spots. After a while I realized that I was seeking out fishing spots based more on the ride to them than the fishing I was likely to find.

Perusing the internet for bicycling knowledge lead me to the Bicycling magazine site, and then the Love forum....

When the Love forum fell apart I followed the group to the new and improved diggs

Thank You  square wheels

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Further said:

Way back in the mists of time I was using my kids Walmart Mt bike to access fishing spots. After a while I realized that I was seeking out fishing spots based more on the ride to them than the fishing I was likely to find.

Perusing the internet for bicycling knowledge lead me to the Bicycling magazine site, and then the Love forum....

When the Love forum fell apart I followed the group to the new and improved diggs

Thank You  square wheels

I remember your avatar ages go used to be a fisherman.

3 minutes ago, Further said:

Oh yeah, the bus, I rode that for years    :party:

Damn some timers disease 

Actually I just remember you having that here recently.  We are awaiting Taylot's verdict. :)

And it wasn't until you used it recently that I knew that was the name of the bus. :D

Here, lmgtfy!  :D

https://www.google.com/search?q=further&client=ubuntu&hs=eoV&channel=fs&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj9quf12aDuAhVdFVkFHYB8D2AQ_AUoAnoECBgQBA&biw=1280&bih=646

No bus. :(

How soon they forget!  The 60s were only 50 years ago.  Wait....

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

Actually I just remember you having that here recently.  We are awaiting Taylot's verdict. :)

And it wasn't until you used it recently that I knew that was the name of the bus. :D

Here, lmgtfy!  :D

https://www.google.com/search?q=further&client=ubuntu&hs=eoV&channel=fs&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj9quf12aDuAhVdFVkFHYB8D2AQ_AUoAnoECBgQBA&biw=1280&bih=646

No bus. :(

How soon they forget!  The 60s were only 50 years ago.  Wait....

Merry Prankster en route on the Further bus: photograph by unknown  photographer | Merry pranksters, Ken kesey, Hippie bus

• Thank You 1