Would you like to visit an anger room?

Kirby

Outside online had an article about an anger room where you could pay about $60 and then take a bat and smash plates and various electronics.  How much you pay depends on the things you choose to smash.  There are times I feel like smashing my work computer, but I don't think smashing random electronics or plates would make me feel better.  How about you, would you like to visit an anger room?

https://www.outsideonline.com/2274916/rage-against-machines

My anger at times would love an outlet like this.  The environmentalist in me won't allow it.

I really need a pillow at work to punch, or scream into.  Our archaic computer software is ridiculous.  Sometimes, I want to ask "Why do we do things like this"  The three Bobs don't like when people like me ask questions, and it can be seen as an affront to their policy and then you are tageted.  Fuck it.  You want me to do ridiculous things that waste money, FINE!

Yes, I woke up in a bad mood.

• Hugs 2

13 hours ago, Kirby said:

Outside online had an article about an anger room where you could pay about $60 and then take a bat and smash plates and various electronics.  How much you pay depends on the things you choose to smash.  There are times I feel like smashing my work computer, but I don't think smashing random electronics or plates would make me feel better.  How about you, would you like to visit an anger room?

I also would NOT feel good destroying things of value.

I saw a documentary where they had such rooms during WW2 in buildings where people were trying to crack enemy codes.

Of course, back then you were rightly considered an idiot if you broke something of value so what they had were punching bags, etc.

I've watched TV shows where poor people decide in a well-reasoned moment, say, they'll no longer need a smart phone so they throw a $600 phone into the ocean - instead of selling it for a couple hundred.  Having grown up poor it destroys that "suspension of disbelief" we experience while enjoying fiction and feels so unrealistic that the whole story unravels for me.

Over the years I’ve used the gym, the bike and MA classes as an outlet for frustrations. 

Hitting the heavy bag is the most effective means for releasing the pent up issues/energies.  But I’ve learned that once you start letting it out, the floodgates can fall away easily and I’ve injured myself by continuing on when I should have abated. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/13/2021 at 8:41 PM, Kirby said:

I remember seeing documentaries about the punching bags, old phone books to tear up, etc. in rooms designed to get out your frustrations in the WW2 complexes where code breakers worked.

Punching bags and other things I can hit or rip that don't destroy valuable stuff works for me, but breaking stuff that might have value has never appealed to me - probably a condition ingrained on me from growing up in a poor household where you spread the jam thin on the bread to make the jar last.

When I'm watching a movie where some poor guy decides he doesn't want to answer his phone and throws it over the side of a boat, I think, "Yeah, your lucky if you clear enough in a month to buy a phone like that and you're just going to throw it away instead of selling it."

• Heart 1