Cyrus

Allen

My wonderful, elderly, dog, Cyrus had a seizure this evening. He’s acting ok now but it was a traumatic experience. 
Part of owing dogs is chances are you are going to out live them. And tonight was that sign that I need to be prepared to have him put down. It’s always sooner than you want. 
He’s putting on a good face right now but I know that this becomes a regular occurrence he will have no quality of life. He’ll let me know when he’s ready; not today but I’m afraid it may be soon. 

• Sad 9
  • Hugs 4

I once read a dog book where the Arthur said she had a series of Boston terriers. I am afeared that is how we have to look at it. :(  

Also, if for some it is close whether 12-15 years of joy can be close to balanced by an instantaneous death, that is some pretty concentrated sadness.

We had dogs that had seizures when I was growing up and I think most of them had long lives. I can’t remember exactly which dogs had them. Hoping for the best for Cyrus.  

Sending good thoughts for you and Cyrus.  The pain of an animal's sickness is balanced by the years of love and good memories, but it doesn't make it any easier when someone we love is suffering.

Sorry Brother.  Getting old sucks no matter how many legs you have.   I do not look forward to the day that Romeo has to cross that bridge before me.     I do wonder what it will be like on the other side.  Will all our dogs be there waiting for us.  Will I get to see Misty and Taffy and and Honda and Bootsie and Sparky again?  I hope so.

Until then stay strong.  Peace and strength you Allen.