Watched A Couple Movies This Past Week

Razors Edge

...that were very good.

The first is the well discussed My Octopus Teacher.  That was really interesting and we enjoyed it quite a lot.  A "no brainer" recommendation.

The next was Hunt for the Wilderpeople which was quirky but definitely fun to watch.  I recognized the kid from Deadpool 2, but he really does a great job in this smaller production.  New Zealand is a hoot and I enjoy the accents.  Murray from Flight of the Conchords makes an appearance too.  Definitely worth a watch.

image.thumb.png.fa6cd0960bc796cd41d3b5fb5c9d20d8.png

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...that were very good.

The first is the well discussed My Octopus Teacher.  That was really interesting and we enjoyed it quite a lot.  A "no brainer" recommendation.

The next was Hunt for the Wilderpeople which was quirky but definitely fun to watch.  I recognized the kid from Deadpool 2, but he really does a great job in this smaller production.  New Zealand is a hoot and I enjoy the accents.  Murray from Flight of the Conchords makes an appearance too.  Definitely worth a watch.

That was a lousy review.  Where's @Olas Nah when you need a good movie review?

• Heart 1

40 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...that were very good.

I haven't seen the Octopus movie yet, the HFTWP was exactly as described.  Sam Neil didn't even bother me, and he generally bothers the fuck out of me, he was actually good in it.

24 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

To get a good movie review you have to start with a good movie.

I did dig up a couple reviews. Most are good.

31 minutes ago, dennis said:

Eagle Vs. Shark, Boy, What We do in the Shadows, and Jojo Rabbit are all good. Wilderpeople is my favorite.

Oddly, I really enjoyed the wackiness of Thor Ragnarok.  One of the more recent Marvel movies I got through easily and find myself enjoying when I click past it on TV. Jojo Rabbit was certainly unique and good in may ways.  WWDITS is just goofy.  I still have not seen EvS or Boy.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I did dig up a couple reviews. Most are good.

Oddly, I really enjoyed the wackiness of Thor Ragnarok.  One of the more recent Marvel movies I got through easily and find myself enjoying when I click past it on TV. Jojo Rabbit was certainly unique and good in may ways.  WWDITS is just goofy.  I still have not seen EvS or Boy.

Probably the goofiest.