In 2021, Is Being Sent To Your Room

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by Bikeguy,

...a punishment for kids anymore?

When I was kid, that was about the lowest level of punishment there was, but it usually at least meant you were now not allowed to play with other kids, didn't have access to TV or the computer, or couldn't be outside playing, etc..  Usually reduced to reading or something like that, and really, that wasn't too bad. 

So, with kids today, how would that punishment even work??? They likely have everything they want and need IN their bedroom. Is it now - "DO NOT go to your room! You are being punished"?????

• Haha 1

Well in the early 2000’s we restricted game boys or other e gaming.  My kids really didn’t get stuff taken away that much. My son was a PITA but he was just an active boy.  We made sure he played outside a lot...  My daughter never got in trouble or at least was smart enough not to get caught. 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Well in the early 2000’s we restricted game boys or other e gaming.  My kids really didn’t get stuff taken away that much. My son was a PITA but he was just an active boy.  We made sure he played outside a lot...  My daughter never got in trouble or at least was smart enough not to get caught. 

Are they both out of the house and on their own yet? That’s when the cat gets out of the bag.

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Are they both out of the house and on their own yet? That’s when the cat gets out of the bag.

My daughter has been out for several years and about to be a mom herself. My son is still technically living at home but he’s at his GF’s 1/2 the time and when he is home I’m usually at work so he might as well be gone...

• Solution
8 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

So, with kids today, how would that punishment even work??? They likely have everything they want and need IN their bedroom. Is it now - "DO NOT go to your room! You are being punished"?????

Hmmm....  How about;  "Give me your phone, and go outside and play!"   That may work...  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1