My house stopped talking to me!

12string

38 minutes ago, 12string said:

I don't even know what I did!

Asked Google to turn on a light, she wouldn't do it./  Looked at my Smartthings app - all my devices are GONE!  Doesn't see my hub.

It's all still in my account if I log in to the website.  Making it hard to to turn stuff on!

Was it something you said?

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Do you have to say "Zealot, turn on the lights?"  Same with the thermostatt,, the door locks, etc.?

?  I just push the light switch, push the temp and mode buttons in the tstat and turn the lock from the inside or use a key from the outside. 😉 

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Zealot said:

?  I just push the light switch, push the temp and mode buttons in the tstat and turn the lock from the inside or use a key from the outside. 😉 

it would be funnier my way.   Zealot take a piss.  Zealot drink a beer.   Zealot, punch that guy in the nose!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 12string said:

Looked at my Smartthings app - all my devices are GONE!  Doesn't see my hub

You know... this will either be something simple to fix.   Or... you get to reconfigure everything, starting all over.

3 hours ago, Zealot said:

Mine works. I walk over to the light switch turn it on and the lights come on!  Same with the thermostat, the door locks, etc..

That was my plan for my new (OK 2 year old) home too.   I like simple...  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I like creating group commands that do many things at once.  When I say "Alexa  good morning"  the light in the bedroom where I've been getting dressed goes off, the light in the kitchen near the coffee maker goes on, the coffee maker turns on and the light in the living room where I'm going turns on.  Now if I could just get alarms to say specific things instead of just chiming.  "Max you have a dr. appointment this morning".

It was a problem with the Samsung servers.  A lot of people's houses stopped cooperating.

Fun stuff: Android Auto update will include Smartthings, so you can control your house from your car, and your car from Smarrthings.  So you can do stuff like be woken up to music, lights come on, the coffee starts automatically, after a half hour the car starts.... that's if your car allows it

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Don't be the people who die after the car starts in the garage which is attached to the home.  

With the new update, you could connect the CO detector to turn of the car if levels got too high.

But I don't have a garage, or I wouldn't have had to run out yesterday and reinstall the taillights so the car wouldn't fill with rain.  I need a garage.

To me those things are a solution searching for a problem.  I guess you could say I'm a disciple of the Zealot School of Environmental Management.

My sisters got one of those for my parents, who are 85.  We were sitting at the kitchen table talking to each other and it butted in. 

TK: "Alexa, be quiet."

Alexa:  "Ok. Would you like to hear today's weather?"

TK: "No. Be quiet, Alexa."

Alexa:  "OK.  I'll be quiet.  Would you like to take a survey of how I responded to you? On the basis of 1 to 5..."

TK: "No!  Alexa stop!"

Alexa: "OK. Would you like to..."

TK: (Reaches over and pulls the plug.)

No kidding.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

To me those things are a solution searching for a problem.  I guess you could say I'm a disciple of the Zealot School of Environmental Management.

My sisters got one of those for my parents, who are 85.  We were sitting at the kitchen table talking to each other and it butted in. 

TK: "Alexa, be quiet."

Alexa:  "Ok. Would you like to hear today's weather?"

TK: "No. Be quiet, Alexa."

Alexa:  "OK.  I'll be quiet.  Would you like to take a survey of how I responded to you? On the basis of 1 to 5..."

TK: "No!  Alexa stop!"

Alexa: "OK. Would you like to..."

TK: (Reaches over and pulls the plug.)

No kidding.

How about fridge that tells me: There's luscious gelato....

I might spoil my food for unplugging the fridge...if fridge robot malfunctioned. :P