I Went To Bed With Wet Hair Last Night

Razors Edge

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...and my wife was SHOCKED! 

I told her guys don't care about that sort of nonsense. She pointed out I am no longer a "short haired, quick drying guy", but rather a long haired hippie and different rules apply. Meh!

Did you wake up with curly hair? If I don’t dry my hair after a shower now it goes all curly.

5 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

How much hair do you have? Even if I showered before bed, my hair would be dry in few minutes.

One year's worth!  It's a lot!

2 minutes ago, Zealot said:

I wash my hair in the mornings.  No matter what it looks like when I go to bed, my hair is a veritable rat’s nest when I wake up. 

That used to be the routine. Get up, shower, walk the dog, then coffee.  Now I skip the shower to get to the coffee faster!

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

That used to be the routine. Get up, shower, walk the dog, then coffee.  Now I skip the shower to get to the coffee faster!

I start the coffee when I get up. It’s brewed when I get out of the shower.  😊 

• Heart 1

Just now, Zealot said:

I start the coffee when I get up. It’s brewed when I get out of the shower.  😊 

My wife gets up first, so it is ready when I get downstairs in the morning BUT so is the dog.  At least skipping the shower shrinks the "awake <-> drinking coffee" window by a good bit of time.

10 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I get it cut every 8 wks ish. Except when the idiot locked us down and I had to go twice that, and get cut in Ohio.

I actually hate going to sleep with wet hair...who wants a damp pillow and feeling icky/damp around neck, my back etc.  I don't even understand the rationale to have long, wet  hair past shoulders and going to bed.  So I've probably only done it twice in my life.  In past 20 years, shower/hair washed in evenings...a few hrs. before bed.  

I'm not as fussed as other women who have very curly hair, because my hair is naturally straight and any messiness is easily brushed/combed out in 1 min. For some women it isn't just about looking good, it's taming  curly hair properly when one's hair is longer or cut in a certain way.

I used to get up very early and shower/wash hair, then bike/continue my day.  

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Do you even have hair????  I picture you much like RG.  Actually, I picture you JUST LIKE RG.  Damn, are you RG????

Absolutely.  A full head of hair.  Greyed early but no baldness.  Mt dad died at 95 with a full head of hair.  I have his hair genes.

5 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...and my wife was SHOCKED! 

I told her guys don't care about that sort of nonsense. She pointed out I am no longer a "short haired, quick drying guy", but rather a long haired hippie and different rules apply. Meh!

Every time I do that, my hair has developed hard-to-comb-out curls in the wrong places.