WE are off to the garage to build motorcycles

BR46

:D

Be careful what you wish for!

I keep telling my wife I want her to get an e-bike so she can ride more with me, and she is still pushing back against the idea.  As many of us ride for both fun but also to clear our minds or get some alone time, opening up more time "together" is definitely a risk of sorts.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I keep telling my wife I want her to get an e-bike so she can ride more with me, and she is still pushing back against the idea.  As many of us ride for both fun but also to clear our minds or get some alone time, opening up more time "together" is definitely a risk of sorts.

My wife went for very few rides with just me. When I put the motor on her bike she would ride when we were taking the grandkids. 

40 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Wo46 told me that she was looking forward to helping me in the garage today. 

I guess she found a new hobby. 

I will enjoy our time together with her new hobby.....maybe I will teach her how to Tig weld.

Just like the guys on TV!  New American Chopper!

• Heart 1

35 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

You did not see the post about my space being invading

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

If I said that tomorrow I'm going to ride 100 miles Wo46 would say what time are we leaving. 

When we both were working I got home about 2 hours before. So I had 2 hours every day that I didn't have to explain what I was doing. 

Now that she's also retired every time I'm going to go somewhere I'm asked where, when and how long because she's planning on going along. A few days ago I went down to the bar and I was informed that we have beer at home. I said that as much as I enjoy her company sometimes I enjoy having a conversation with other people besides I know her opinion on everything. 

For the last few weeks I feel that every time I turn around she there. I found that I was going out to Dave's salvage yard to hang out because that's the only place she won't go.

You know, there is a whole etiquette to working in the shop. There are rules. You don't just show up and carry on. You have to weasel your way around for a time. If sexual favors are called for, well, let's just say you want to know ahead of time what the payback is on something like that. Also, somebody has to do the shit jobs. I'm just sayin', that's all.

• Heart 1

I remember the days when I would be working under the car and womaxx would be handing me tools when I called for them.  After a while she actually knew what I was asking for and sometimes she had them ready in advance.  When we went to the track for weekends she was in charge of feeding the team, polishing the body, taking injured crew to the ER, taking driving stints in the tow truck or the chase car.

• Awesome 3

5 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I know I should be thankful yadda yadda but my wife’s riding passion has become a complete PITA for me.

Shes mechanically inept so isn’t comfortable riding without me for fear of flats. So I’m forced to ride the road with her.  Did I mention she’s mechanically inept? Pumping tires absolutely frustrates her so I get to prep two bikes pre ride.   She will do bottles though.

Then there is this pre ride joy: I always pick the ride, you pick.  Route A: no too hilly. Route B, no too long. Route C, no I don’t want to ride near the beach, let’s just do route D... OK... Then we repeat this drill the following week and so on.

I also screwed myself by getting my old cycling buddy back into riding.  Now twice a week I get the joy of a road ride.  My wife has been nagging me lately for a mid week ride not with my friend and I had to put my foot down on that. No way in hell am I doing three road rides a week, you want to ride mid week join us on Thursdays.

I just want to ride my mountain bike...

1 hour ago, BR46 said:

I said that as much as I enjoy her company sometimes I enjoy having a conversation with other people besides I know her opinion on everything. 

For the last few weeks I feel that every time I turn around she there. I found that I was going out to Dave's salvage yard to hang out because that's the only place she won't go.

Uh oh. How did she take that?  The last thing chicks want is to be predictable, which is why they are often (but not always) nutcases.

It sounds as though she doesn't know what to do with herself and is taking a more active interest in your interests because of that.  Is there an interest she has you can ruin show extra attention to for a while?  I know where you are coming from, though, if every nuance is experienced jointly, nobody has anything new to bring to the relationship.  Could you develop an interest in strip clubs or something?

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

.  Could you develop an interest in strip clubs or something?

She has been there with me before.....we were on a motorcycle trip and the closest place to the hotel to get a drink was a strip club. 

• Awesome 1