NFL Division playoff weekend

BuffJim

2 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Bills play Ravens in the dark and cold. Nervous as heck. 

two teams that I really would not want to play are the Chiefs and the Ravens.  The Bucs scare me a little as well.  Don't think I would want to play against Aaron Rogers either.  Either way you slice it, you're hosed.  

Packers are 6.5 favorites vs my Rams. All of the experts have the Packers winning. Donald is dinged up, Goff has a bad thumb and Kupp (leading receiver) is questionable.  But...

Rams #1 D vs Packers #1 Offense isn’t the key to the game. Even with a dinged up Donald the Rams will slow Rogers & the offense down but we won’t stop them.  It’s how the Rams mediocre offense stacks up against a mediocre Packers D.  

I predict a close game and if Goff doesn’t turn the ball over a narrow Rams win. Pack 21, Rams 24.  If Goff Goff’s it, then Pack 28 Rams 10.

Not sure if there will be snow or not, but what many coaches don’t understand is that snow actually favors the passing offense(provided that it’s not extremely windy). Back in our glory days, our coaches figured this out and had some high scoring snow games. Pass defense is very difficult in poor traction. 

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I like the Bills and Josh Allen a lot, but I am afeerd that the Ravens with their ability to move the ball on the ground will win the day.

Yeah this is a tough one to call.  I’d be nervous if I was a Bills and a Ravens fan.  

How does either D stack up? I really haven’t followed either team closely this year.

• Heart 1

Just now, ChrisL said:

Yeah this is a tough one to call.  I’d be nervous if I was a Bills and a Ravens fan.  

How does either D stack up? I really haven’t followed either team closely this year.

Bills D struggles against the run. Pretty good against the pass. Gets a lot of turnovers. I think the Ravens D is pretty strong, @MickinMD will be able to describe it with many more words.  

32 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Bills play Ravens in the dark and cold. Nervous as heck. 

"As of Thursday, the forecast for Orchard Park calls for periods of snow Saturday night with one to three inches of accumulation. And if lake-effect snow bands park themselves over Bills Stadium, we could see even more than that."

As of Friday from same forecast link: Tomorrow  Night 01/16 70% / 1.5 in  Intermittent snow or snow showers becoming steadier late at night. Low 33F. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 70%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected. Higher wind gusts possible.

A slick surface can mess up Lamar Jackson's running as the wet field at Cleveland did for much of the first half in their last game when the Ravens staff did NOT have the right shoes on their players' feet.

Of course, slick weather usually hurts passing more but snow may not make the ball very slick. Windy conditions may pose a passing problem. The Ravens still have their work cut out for them vs Allen, Diggs, Beasley, etc.

The Las Vegas odds have dropped from favoring Buffalo by 3 to favoring them by 2.5.  Of course, the odds are NOT set by how the bookies' experts and insiders think the game will end, they're set by what odds the bookies think will result in 50% of the bets going each way.

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Mad respect for Aaron Rogers, the Pack & their fans.  Rogers is a Cal guy so I have been following him for a while being a Pac 10/12 fan.

Packer fans are the best in all of pro sports. 20 year waiting list for season tickets in a city of 100k. And no billionaire owner.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Dottles said:

This is where you learn just how good you are. Win or lose this is where the Bills grow.

I was a bit dismissive of the Bills and the Ravens before the season started.  Now I feel the Bills are the better team, and win this game 3 out of 5 times.  Ravens have a defense and LJ.  The Bills seem more of a complete team to me.

• Heart 1

Bills defense is actually pretty good. As RG said, they are a complete team.

I actually think that of the Saints vs Tampa Bay. I think the Saints will take that one.

It's been said Baker Mayfield is playing out of his mind right now. I've always been a fan of him. As much as I enjoy the Chiefs, I hope the Browns win.

I'm worried about the Packer game. They never come off a bye week and do well.

• Heart 2

48 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I was a bit dismissive of the Bills and the Ravens before the season started.  Now I feel the Bills are the better team, and win this game 3 out of 5 times.  Ravens have a defense and LJ.  The Bills seem more of a complete team to me.

I have the Bills too... but it's no slam dunk. I would not be surprised.

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, smudge said:

I'm worried about the Packer game. They never come off a bye week and do well.

I watched the same @ChrisL team that we beat 3 games earlier for the division crown come into Seattle and manhandle them.  And they did it with hurt number 1 and 2 quarterbacks and the best defensive lineman in the game on the sidelines for much of the second half.  I have always been a defensive guy and a good to decent running game to win in the playoffs and the Rams have both.  I know the Packs good this year and they have one of the best, most reliable QBs in the league w/ experience.  It's true Aaron's offensive line most likely is better than Seattle's (surprisingly ours did not stink for the first time in years) but L.A's defensive is really good.  I've watched them 3 times this year and they continue to get better and better.  I have the Rams winning in an upset with some regional homerism. There aren't many west coast teams left.  Having said that, it would not pain me to see the Pack win.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I have the Bills too... but it's no slam dunk. I would not be surprised.

This is a weird year.   I almost wouldn't be surprised at any outcome in the games left.  I can even see the Browns having a puncher's chance, if they ground and pound and keep the ball away from the Chiefs offense.  Weird things happen to stale teams.   Trying to throw your way back in a game can go bad in a hurry, just ask the Steelers. 

I am actually rooting for the Bucs, but they have not got the consistency thing down all season.  That said, if anyone can prep a team for the playoff push, it is Brady.  Packers are the better team, but a good friend is a Rams fan, so either outcome is fine for me.

I always just want to see good games, lots of effort and lead changes.  If the Browns and the Bills win and play next week, that would be a dream matchup.  Two fun teams on the rise, well-coached and disciplined, but with passionate competitors that don't quit.  You can't ask for much more than that.

55 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I watched the same @ChrisL team that we beat 3 games earlier for the division crown come into Seattle and manhandle them.  And they did it with hurt number 1 and 2 quarterbacks and the best defensive lineman in the game on the sidelines for much of the second half.  I have always been a defensive guy and a good to decent running game to win in the playoffs and the Rams have both.  I know the Packs good this year and they have one of the best, most reliable QBs in the league w/ experience.  It's true Aaron's offensive line most likely is better than Seattle's (surprisingly ours did not stink for the first time in years) but L.A's defensive is really good.  I've watched them 3 times this year and they continue to get better and better.  I have the Rams winning in an upset with some regional homerism. There aren't many west coast teams left.  Having said that, it would not pain me to see the Pack win.

The media focuses on Donald & Ramsey but the D line is really good without Donald, exceptional with him. The secondary other than Ramsey is young & good. 

It really depends on Goff & how he plays... I’m starting to not be a Goff fan. His erratic play is maddening.

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

The media focuses on Donald & Ramsey but the D line is really good without Donald, exceptional with him. The secondary other than Ramsey is young & good. 

It really depends on Goff & how he plays... I’m starting to not be a Goff fan. His erratic play is maddening.

Oh yeah. I saw enough of your dline. Which Jared are you going to get? With your defense, you just need a little running game to play action and you just need mediocre Goff.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Weren't the Rams supposed to be the #1 defense?  Well this week it's swiss cheese.

Yeah Rogers is picking us apart. Quick passes to negate the rush and positive yards on every run...  If the Rams don’t change some things up on D it’s pretty much done already. 

On 1/15/2021 at 10:22 AM, BuffJim said:

Not sure if there will be snow or not, but what many coaches don’t understand is that snow actually favors the passing offense(provided that it’s not extremely windy). Back in our glory days, our coaches figured this out and had some high scoring snow games. Pass defense is very difficult in poor traction. 

Because they gotta react

• Heart 1