Tomorrow’s objective

Gump

2 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Are you parking near Wanakena and hiking in?  Weather is supposed to deteriorate tomorrow. We’re heading up route 81 tomorrow. Hope to get through before the worst of the snow. 

Yes. Maybe a little snow early but sounds like the heavy stuff won’t be til Saturday night. Besides, a little weather adds to the adventure. 

• Heart 1

So our planned Saturday hike took a bit of a turn. We arrived at the trailhead about 9 am. A few cars already there. A few people had gone in on skiis and others just barebooting as not a lot of snow. After about 1.5 miles we met the couple on skiis. She had fallen and landed hard on her knee. She didn’t think anything was broken but she couldn’t put any weight on it. Her husband and i carried her back to their car which took about an hour and a half. They headed to the ER to have her looked at and we headed home. Will try again another day.🙂

• Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

20 minutes ago, Zackny said:

So our planned Saturday hike took a bit of a turn. We arrived at the trailhead about 9 am. A few cars already there. A few people had gone in on skiis and others just barebooting as not a lot of snow. After about 1.5 miles we met the couple on skiis. She had fallen and landed hard on her knee. She didn’t think anything was broken but she couldn’t put any weight on it. Her husband and i carried her back to their car which took about an hour and a half. They headed to the ER to have her looked at and we headed home. Will try again another day.🙂

Wow, just the two of you carried her out a mile and a half. My wife watches a show called Northwood Adventure or Bounty hunter or something like that. It’s about the New Hampster game wardens and when they are not busy writing tickets for some minor fish and game violation they are conducting search and rescue on Mt. Washington or some other mountain trail.  When someone turns an ankle they send in twenty people to carry them out. Often times by the time they get organized and start up the trail they meet the injured person who has hobbled out on their own.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Wow, just the two of you carried her out a mile and a half. My wife watches a show called Northwood Adventure or Bounty hunter or something like that. It’s about the New Hampster game wardens and when they are not busy writing tickets for some minor fish and game violation they are conducting search and rescue on Mt. Washington or some other mountain trail.  When someone turns an ankle they send in twenty people to carry them out. Often times by the time they get organized and start up the trail they meet the injured person who has hobbled out on their own.

I asked if she wanted me to call our Ranger dispatch and she really preferred not to. We just locked arms and made her a seat. Little at a time we got her out. Fortunately she was a small woman🙂

• Awesome 1