COVID vaccine scheduled

Airehead

Got my first one three weeks ago. Had a sore arm and was really tired the next day.

Got my second shot yesterday. Had serious chills last night (thank goodness for an electric blanket!) And am pretty tired today. Still a little chilly, but nothing as brutal as last night.

A lady who works in our office got her second shot yesterday. She had to call in because of a bad headache.

I'm glad I got both shots, but I ain't doing it again any time soon.

• Heart 2

Our county's health dept. has a web site for people to sign up for the vaccine.  I qualified for the 65 people.    I'll get an email...  who knows when... with instructions about where to go, etc...  

I'm still betting it won't happen anytime soon.  

I wonder how many people don't have a clue about the county web site?   I noticed it was mentioned in the newspaper, in an article about the virus.  Not even a "how to sign up for the vaccine" article.  So much for getting the people informed.  :unhappy:

15 hours ago, Airehead said:

But not until February 19th.  At least it is scheduled.

My age group becomes eligible Jan. 25th and I'm supposed to get an "invitation" to get the shot from a hospital where I'm on their Patient Portal.  But as of right now there's no way from me to set up an appointment for it and the "community info" phone number says it is only for ill patients when you call it.

In Maryland, they've only gone through half, at most of Phase 1a (hospital workers, nursing home patients, etc.) and there are supposedly 500,000 in Phase 1b (age 75+ and certain workers) which begins Monday 1/18, before they get to my Phase 1c (age 65-74 and certain workers) on Monday 1/25 - so it's not clear if they'll be able to keep those dates because of supplies.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I wasn't far off when I predicted last year that Joe average person might not get vaccinated till June.  In fact it may be even later than that.

I agree with that as a reasonable-to-aggressive prediction of a timeline made as late as October. I’d have guessed 1a would have been February, to be honest. But when they got the 1A distribution out quickly, I hoped 1b would be completed this month, not  March.

6 minutes ago, roadsue said:

My BiL and his wife got their first shots because their good friend is a pharmacist and called them when she had a couple of no-shows. It was either use it, or throw it away. 

CT hasn't even authorized pharmacies to give the vaccine shots yet.  They keep saying we are short on vaccine.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

My age group (65+) is supposedly now eligible to get it here in VA.  But I see and hear nothing at this time.

Same in Michigan.  Opened up this past week.  I still haven’t decided to get it.  I think WoKzoo can get it at school next week.

6 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Glad you got it Aire and I hope your whole staff could get it as well.  You are truly on the front lines doing important work with kids who need the people they encounter to be safe.

our nurses, ots, pts, and speech folks are done.  Next teachers and teacher aides.  After the direct contact staff are done we will do secretaries, support groups and admins that are in the buildings but not typically in classrooms.  I am in that group.  We have less time with kids so they others should be first.

• Heart 2

1B here also...  We have had in person learning all year so far. I can't schedule an appointment until sometime next week.

My district botched the 1A vaccinations.  They told everyone that they would schedule the vaccinations. They didn't. Now, all of the 1A people need to wait until they open up 1B and hope they can get in there.

I'll be scheduling my own appointment.

• Sad 1