Weekend plans...anyone?

petitepedal

We are heading to my parents tomorrow until Monday. My father is slipping away. Hospice changed his status to imminent, which means they estimate less than two weeks. So we’ll be there to support and help this weekend. This is the first week he hasn’t gotten out of bed or eaten solid food. 

• Sad 7

Installing 4 tiny carbon fiber clutch disks in both race cars.  There's only one more set of tires to glue up once the wheels get here and after that the race cars sit till spring gets here.  When will spring get here.

Back to the plastic model work bench where there are 3 in progress.  1 Lotus Super 7, 1 Chevy S10 turbo awd and one Chinese modified ex soviet Golf II submarine.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Installing 4 tiny carbon fiber clutch disks in both race cars.  There's only one more set of tires to glue up once the wheels get here and after that the race cars sit till spring gets here.  When will spring get here.

Back to the plastic model work bench where there are 3 in progress.  1 Lotus Super 7, 1 Chevy S10 turbo awd and one Chinese modified ex soviet Golf II submarine.

Carbon fiber? 

12 hours ago, BR46 said:

Carbon fiber? 

Team Brood TLR 22 5.0 Carbon Fiber Slipper Pads

image.jpeg.0da882270a38c4ec1cc1c0042821c545.jpeg

The OEM pads are inconsistent as they heat up from run to run.  This adjustment seems to be critical to the desired wheel speed at launch and these carbon pads are recommended to be more consistent.  In the drawing above the input shaft to the transmission runs through the center of the assembly with the Slipper Hubs keyed to the shaft.  The nut and spring assembly adjusts the amount of "grab" or slip between the gear and the input shaft.  It's possible to tighten it so much that there is no slip.  The adjustment needs to be changed depending on tires, traction of the track surface, the power applied by the motor in start mode.  Just as with full sized cars the clutch locks up after a bit and rarely slips again to the finish line.

At the end of last years testing I was still spinning the tires too fast at the starting line.  This year someone taught me to dial down the start power, maintain better traction at the launch and make it quicker earlier in the run.

Just now, maddmaxx said:

Team Brood TLR 22 5.0 Carbon Fiber Slipper Pads

image.jpeg.0da882270a38c4ec1cc1c0042821c545.jpeg

The OEM pads are inconsistent as they heat up from run to run.  This adjustment seems to be critical to the desired wheel speed at launch and these carbon pads are recommended to be more consistent.  In the drawing above the input shaft to the transmission runs through the center of the assembly with the Slipper Hubs keyed to the shaft.  The nut and spring assembly adjusts the amount of "grab" or slip between the gear and the input shaft.  It's possible to tighten it so much that there is no slip.  The adjustment needs to be changed depending on tires, traction of the track surface, the power applied by the motor in start mode.  Just as with full sized cars the clutch locks up after a bit and rarely slips again to the finish line.

That's just f'n cool. 

Installing new light fixtures in the kitchen and entranceway. 

Going to the library at 2:00 pm for a scheduled front door hold pickup. They have initiated a new feature they call grab bag where you schedule a pickup on line and select from a list of genres and they select 5 books for you, but them in a bag with your name on it, and leave it on a table in the vestibule at the appointed time. We are currently on lockdown and cannot enter libraries and such. 

• Heart 2

14 hours ago, BuffJim said:

We are heading to my parents tomorrow until Monday. My father is slipping away. Hospice changed his status to imminent, which means they estimate less than two weeks. So we’ll be there to support and help this weekend. This is the first week he hasn’t gotten out of bed or eaten solid food. 

Our hospice doesn’t give us a status. Esther hasn’t eaten for a week. Yesterday she had two nibbles out of a half piece of toast and last night she asked for popcorn. She maybe ate ten kernels, the bowl I gave her didn’t look any different. I’m able to manage her pain with the morphine.

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Our hospice doesn’t give us a status. Esther hasn’t eaten for a week. Yesterday she had two nibbles out of a half piece of toast and last night she asked for popcorn. She maybe ate ten kernels, the bowl I gave her didn’t look any different. I’m able to manage her pain with the morphine.

Yep.  I mistakenly thought he was going to do another ride.  You know how run and ride look so much alike.

Last night we just stayed in because of the lousy wind. We watched "My Spy" on Amazon Prime. Mindless action flick, but kinda fun...

Just about done with work. We are heading to Lincoln to have Christmas/birthday dinner with our son tonight. Tomorrow will be mostly lazy, I hope. I will try to get a ride in, though.