Treadmill

Square Wheels

I created a Mt. Washington run and sent it to my treadmill.  Pretty cool, but not as exciting as I hoped.  They use Google maps for pics, I guess I was expecting video instead like the other runs they have.

Anyhow, it mimicked the actual run moving the treadmill up and down.

Some parts were really hard, I only did the first 2.6 miles.  It says a lot when 8% felt like a relief and 4% felt downhill.  I walked in a few spots.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

59 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Technology has made cool things possible.  ISnt this what EPG used to do-- train in his basement for Mt Washington?

When I was training a lot, I found a smallish ski hill nearby.  It was an hour drive from here.  I'd run up and down that on a weekend day.  Nowhere near as steep as Washington.  While this is a treadmill, it will mirror the grade all the way up.  I'll go a little further each month until I'm ready to run it again.  I think it's better than trying to find hills around here to run.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I guess I was expecting video instead like the other runs they have.

There's a financial opportunity here for you here.

Drive to the top of Mt. Washington, strap a GoPro to your head, then run down the mountain remembering to pretend you're breathing hard.  Lease the video to the treadmill company but send them a version of the video shown backwards.

Just get good insurance to cover yourself against all the people will drop from exhaustion trying to run up Mt. Washington as fast as you ran down.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Oddly today while running the first third, I thought of buying a GoPro and taping it next time I run.  Not sure they sell cards that can capture a 7 hour video.

I just looked, seems the GoPro last about 45 minutes.  The winners are around an hour, I'm just over twice that.

• Heart 2