What is your favoutite 'shroom?

Ralphie

I think mine are those little shiitake or straw mushrooms in cans from the ethnic section.

Next is probably Baby Bellas.  Those little button ones are cool too, but I never see them fresh.  Every once in a great while I marinate some, all because I used to go to a restaurant in Pawtucket, RI that had the most awesome ones as a free appetizer.  I think I might marinate my current batch of Baby Bellas.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I can take them or leave them.  I never understood the attraction.  They are a fungus.  To me, eating fungus is like eating animal organs.  I suppose I could eat livers and hearts and fungus if I had to, but there are a lot of better things to consume, so no thanks.  :)

Some of them don't have much taste..it's a textural thing. Absolutely not like eating offal. 

Do you eat freshly cooked seaweed...there are various edible types.  And I'm not referring to the sushi seaweed sheets.

Eating broadly takes time.... many years for some people.

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

I can take them or leave them.  I never understood the attraction.  They are a fungus.  To me, eating fungus is like eating animal organs.  I suppose I could eat livers and hearts and fungus if I had to, but there are a lot of better things to consume, so no thanks.  :)

Stuffed with sausage and herbed goat cheese, there’s good eating. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Further said:

Tip Toein round the magic....

I hate them. Tried them once, threw up like I had salmonella. 
Apartment full of tripping entitled college students: Where’s Allen?

He’s throwing up off the back deck. Don’t go out there it’s gross. 
Goes out anyway. *dry heaving noises*

How’s your trip?
I’d rather not be throwing up.  Things look wavy, that’s cool I guess. Go away. *more dry heaving*

Hallucinogens are not for me. Did it the once and never felt the desire to go through some Kwisatz Haderach like poison metabolizing ordeal again. 

I feel the same way about hangovers. It tastes like like lighter fluid and gives me the flu—pass me the lemons for my tea please.  

• Heart 1