NBD

dinneR

12 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Seats too low... 😁.  How come a dropper on the fattie? To help mount/dismount when loaded? 

Really sweet ride, I know you will ride it lots.  So many new bikes lately, I’m happy for you guys.

I love having a dropper on my mtb. The trails I ride are just mt bike trails with snow. Some descents are steep and tricky. 

The bike is so light, I'll probably ride it this summer on singletrack. I might bikepack with it too. 

• Awesome 1

What was wrong with the old bike? Is this the lower Q-factor one?  I like the "I had zero knee pain" comment, but I also wonder if that meant you usually had knee pain?

Looking forward to seeing that bike in various adventure photos over the next few months!

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

What was wrong with the old bike? Is this the lower Q-factor one?  I like the "I had zero knee pain" comment, but I also wonder if that meant you usually had knee pain?

Looking forward to seeing that bike in various adventure photos over the next few months!

My old one has a much wider q-factor. It causes knee pain. I thought I could deal with it. I finally decided to bite the bullet and upgrade. So far, I'm happy I did. This bike is so much fun to ride. It's nimble like a mt bike. It also weighs about 6 lbs less than my old bike which makes climbing much easier. 

The downside is tire clearance. The low q-factor has a max tire clearance of 4.2 in the frame. I'm going to run a bigger tire up front.