Sore but OK.

groupw

Similar thing happened to me a few years ago when i ran into town to grab lunch. The guy kept insisting no need to call the village police. After a bit the cop told me i was free to go but the other guy was going to be a while. No DUI but drugs in the car and suspended license.

• Heart 2

12 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Pain and suffering --> 200k.

I’m not a litigious person, but this REALLY pissed me off! She is one of those cute blondes that probably has only been given warnings over the years. She was trying to blame the guy that slowed to turn into Popeyes. 

• Sad 1

My car was hit from behind while I was driving home from the airport after a vacation last January.  I was so pleased that I hadn't encountered traffic on the bridge and was looking forward to going home, when my plans for the day were completely changed.  The difference was the guy who hit me was so sorry and kept asking if I was ok. I was annoyed that my car had damage, but I felt bad for him too.

I'm sure you'll be sore, but I hope you weren't seriously hurt.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, groupw said:

I’m not a litigious person, but this REALLY pissed me off! She is one of those cute blondes that probably has only been given warnings over the years. She was trying to blame the guy that slowed to turn into Popeyes. 

Drunk driving or texting, distracted drivers bother me, a lot.  My prior car got rear ended twice due to people not paying attention, neither were drunk or texting, but still.  In both cases they paid 100% for the repair and a rental car.

If I got hit by someone texting, I'd sue.  I see so many people texting or talking on the phone while driving, MA is a handsfree state.  People just don't care.

4 hours ago, groupw said:

We went to Lincoln to have a birthday dinner with our son last night. We were on O Street which is the main artery of the city, about 4 blocks from turning on to our son’s street. We slowed for a car turning into the Popeyes parking lot when our car was struck from behind...HARD! It took a couple seconds to realize just what happened. It was dark, but I could see the mashed in front end on the car behind me. I took several anger reducing breaths while walking to the car. The air bag was deployed. I could see the woman moving but she was not acknowledging my presence. I knocked on the driver’s window. She rolled it down and I asked if she was ok. She said she was. Told her let’s pull into the car wash parking lot to get information and call police. 
She kept telling me she only looked away for a second. I didn’t say anything but inside I was sure that meant she was reading a text. There were no tire squeals and based on the damage to her car she hit me at at least the 40 mph of speed limit there. As we were exchanging license and insurance information in the cold, I could feel my neck, lower back and shoulder get sore. 
The officer arrived and after a few questions asked if either need towed. It smashed our bumper and center punched the muffler. Our car was loud, but drivable. Hers had no headlights, the radiator was pushed into the engine and coolant was draining. She was sure she could drive it home. It took several minutes to convince her she wasn’t going anywhere in that car. During the conversation, the officer asked her if she had been drinking. She said maybe 1. He had us each sit in our respective cars to get out of the cold while he completed the report. When he came to our car with our copy of the report, he said we were free to go. He was going to do a DUI test on the girl. 
We had a nice dinner with our son, but I was ready to head home early as I could feel fatigue from the activity. Grabbeda coffee from McDonald’s but it wasn’t necessary. The exhaust was plenty loud!

We are both a little stiff this morning. Probably a good thing my cold gear is still in the dryer. I think a ride would be a little tough on the neck. 

Please have your whiplash injury checked by doctor and get physiotherapy treatment.  A good local friend has the same rear-ended accident on her car while driving. She sustained whiplash injury in neck, shoulder, etc. Keep your documentation..

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, KrAzY said:

That did not sound like a fun ending to the night. 
The last time I was rear ended, the car that hit me was totaled, my trailer hitch actually punched a hole through their license plate, through the radiator, and pushed the hood up into their windshield cracking the hell out of it. 
I had zero damage to my jeep. the car actually never touched the bumper of the jeep.. That mad me sad because I wanted the nice metal bumper instead of the plastic one. 

The car that saw it all happen shouted out the window... DAMN... I'm getting me a Jeep! 

I had a similar thing happen when my bike rack destroyed the grill, center front brace, radiator and other parts of the car that hit me from behind and pushed me into the intersection.  It was a Hollywood Racks device made up of about 2" pipe attached to my trailer hitch welded to the frame.  Bent the rack a bit.  Put a scratch in the plastic bumper where the rack flexed against it.

Glad you're ok w.  Getting hit from behind without warning can be scary.  It's a good thing modern cars have a headrest.

• Heart 1

My daughter got rear-ended a couple years ago while pulling into her driveway. She had a Jeep Grand Cherokee and the guy that hit her had an F-150. There was not a whole hell of a lot of damage to the Jeep, but she still has headaches. His insurance offered her something ridiculously low for pain and suffering...   she did not settle.

My 2013 Honda Fit has been rear-ended twice while I was stopped, luckily with light damage.

The first one was in 2014 by a Ford 250 Maryland Department of Natural Resources Truck driven by a State Trooper.

The last one was in 2019 by a Ford 150 truck, where the driver admitted he was texting.

Thank God they don't make a Ford 050 truck!

• Haha 2

Please go get checked out. My wife had a similar crash in Oct '19 and she just finished PT - still not right and she still does her stretches regularly. She has been in touch with a lawyer. The initial medical consult/ diagnosis will be important.

Nonetheless i hope you feel great today and there's no need for that hassle. 

• Heart 1

57 minutes ago, groupw said:

Head is still feeling a bit dulled. Called Dr and going on tomorrow morning. 

Might be a mild concussion, I got one when I was rear ended when my head slammed against the headrest.  It might be a good idea to limit screen time and  mental stimulation. Take it real slow & easy.

• Heart 3